Writer Pool Expired Question

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Melissaf

Writer Pool Expired Question

Post by Melissaf »

I had worked on a writer pool project. The day it was set to be done, more requests showed up so I am guessing some writers threw them back in the pool. I completed a couple and resubmitted. They are still waiting on review. The first ones I did were reviewed right away and these ones have still been waiting so I have not completed them and the requests now say expired. Will I still be able to complete once they are reviewed even though they say expired?
Isabelnewth

Re: Writer Pool Expired Question

Post by Isabelnewth »

Yes, you'll be fine. I don't usually claim those ones because I don't like the feeling of being late...I wish they would just shift the due date by a day or so! But if you've successfully claimed and submitted there shouldn't be a problem.
Melissaf

Post by Melissaf »

Well now the articles still haven't been reviewed but they have disappeared off of my project board. So I will not be able to select complete when it is finally reviewed. I guess I am nervous because all of the others were reviewed quickly and these have sat a few days now with nothing.

So if it is for a request when does the 7 days start before it goes to the catalog? Is it from when I submit or form when they finally review?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

The client should still receive notification once the articles are approved, so you might still make a sale. Articles seem to get stuck in the system once they've been submitted to a request, so you might need to delete and submit again. I would wait to see if the client picks them up first. WG~
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

If it's the travel website, they have always come through in my experience. In any case, any writer pool request that you have claimed, written and submitted, should be reviewed. Mine took a while to be reviewed too this time, I imagine that there were quite a few coming in around or after the deadline, leading to a log jam. There is no problem not being able to click the completed button: it doesn't matter!
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Just as an aside, I always use the 'complete' option just for my own benefit, to get the request out of the queue as soon as I've submitted it for review. I'm not sure if that's the official way of using it, but I've never had any problems.