Can't post articles to second of two private requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JessicaMayfield

Can't post articles to second of two private requests

Post by JessicaMayfield »

A client has sent me two private requests. They're identical except that one of them is marked "Part 1 of 2" and the other is "Part 2 of 2." I'm slated to submit five articles for each request.

I've turned in the first five, but I can't get at the second request to post articles to it. The only one that shows up in the "Private Requests" dropdown menu on the "Submit Content" page says "[5 of 5]" followed by the title of the request, which is the same for both of them.

Should I submit the next five articles to the first request? Must I wait till the first batch of articles clears editorial and I can click on the "Complete" button for the first request? Is that why the second request doesn't show up in the Private Requests dropdown menu? Am I only allowed to work on one private request at a time? Any insights would be appreciated.

Of course, it's Saturday, the month is coming to a close, and I really wanted to get both batches of work approved by the first of the next month.

<sigh> :?
Lysis

Re: Can't post articles to second of two private requests

Post by Lysis »

Did you claim the request? This happens if you don't claim it first.
JessicaMayfield

Hi, Lysis:

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I had claimed both requests before I began submitting articles.

The editors approved the first batch late this morning my time. I marked the first request complete and began submitting the second batch of work. The request kept showing up as "6 of 5" and so on up to "10 of 5," but the second batch received approval this afternoon. Something must be working despite the odd-looking request title.

Now if the client will just accept them before the first . . .

Say, why can't we just upload Word files? If the system turns the submissions into RTFs that we can download and replace via upload, wouldn't it make better sense (and preserve more formatting when it's requested)? Just curious.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

It used to be that you uploaded a word file. It's better this way because you'd get rejection for things like font size and line spacing.
evaku

Post by evaku »

JessicaMayfield wrote:The request kept showing up as "6 of 5" and so on up to "10 of 5," but the second batch received approval this afternoon. Something must be working despite the odd-looking request title.
Don't worry this is perfectly fine. I have a client who always sends me multiple-part requests and I submit them exactly how you described. There has never been any issue with this at all. Your client will get all of the articles no problem!
JessicaMayfield

Thanks, evaku! That's reassuring to know.

The weird thing now is that my total sales show 20 additional articles, even though the amount due is correct.

I just hope payday comes soon!