Payment.. Just Checking :)

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Gauderbock

Payment.. Just Checking :)

Post by Gauderbock »

No sign of payment yet for me. Am I alone or in good company?
Cedar

Re: Payment.. Just Checking :)

Post by Cedar »

I was just wondering about that too
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

Me neither. Usually when this happens there's an explanation, like it's still the weekend or there's a Canadian holiday, but I don't think either of those applies here.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Payment received as usual on the 1st. Have you double-checked your payment frequency status under "Edit My Account"?
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Hm. No changes to my account payment frequency status, so I've emailed support just to check all's well. The wolves at the door this month are getting tetchy ;)
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

Still nothing for me. Very frustrating and disappointing.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Pellucidean wrote:Still nothing for me. Very frustrating and disappointing.
Try calling customer support directly @ 250-298-6055 (number via CC forums). Might still be able to reach them before they head out for the weekend.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Still no payment, and no response to any of my attempts to query the issue.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Check preferences and your account balance, because I got mine as usual too.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Payment frequency set to monthly, positive 'amount due' balance, last payment made 10/03/2016
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Panic over. Time to go and feed those wolves at the door.
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

Gauderbock wrote:Panic over. Time to go and feed those wolves at the door.
Did you have to call them up or otherwise get their attention in some way? Because I still haven't been paid.

My payment frequency is on monthly and my last paid date is still 10/3. The only unusual thing about this month was that a while ago I had an article refunded and returned to my catalog. CC, however, sent me an email apparently saying I would still receive payment for the article. "By now, you may have received a notification regarding the refund of one or more of your articles. I am sending this email to let you know that it will not affect your end of month payment, and (as the new period has just begun) your 'Amount Due' may have briefly appeared as negative. The amounts have recently been adjusted and this discrepancy resolved. The reason for issuing the refunds was purely to avoid chargebacks." Maybe that's messing things up somehow. I don't know.

Luckily, I don't have any pressing need for the money, so in the short-term it isn't a huge deal.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

I didn't get through to anyone when I called (not surprising really, timezones...). I sent two emails, one to support, one to an individual, no reply to either so I don't know if they had any effect.

But I also had an article refunded in error last month, and while the email I received about it from CC was much shorter than the one you quoted, maybe that was the common problem.
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

I sent in another email today, and they responded a few hours later saying they are using a new payment tool, which apparently made the system think I was already paid. So they said they would request a manual payment, which has now gone through. So all's well that ends well.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Pellucidean wrote:
Gauderbock wrote:Panic over. Time to go and feed those wolves at the door.
Did you have to call them up or otherwise get their attention in some way? Because I still haven't been paid.

My payment frequency is on monthly and my last paid date is still 10/3. The only unusual thing about this month was that a while ago I had an article refunded and returned to my catalog. CC, however, sent me an email apparently saying I would still receive payment for the article. "By now, you may have received a notification regarding the refund of one or more of your articles. I am sending this email to let you know that it will not affect your end of month payment, and (as the new period has just begun) your 'Amount Due' may have briefly appeared as negative. The amounts have recently been adjusted and this discrepancy resolved. The reason for issuing the refunds was purely to avoid chargebacks." Maybe that's messing things up somehow. I don't know.

Luckily, I don't have any pressing need for the money, so in the short-term it isn't a huge deal.
oh weird, I had that happen too. On Monday, I noticed that it still wasn't credited so I sent a reminder email and by the end of the day I was credited.