Completely Original Content.

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

TimothAlex

Completely Original Content.

Post by TimothAlex »

I submitted an article today that was rejected within a couple hours, which I have never had an article reviewed that fast. Anyway, the reason stated was, "We accept only completely original content."

Now, I did quote two of my sources, but they were small and did not represent a significant portion of the text. Otherwise, the article was original.The only thing else I could think of was that I had saved the article as a draft, but when I submitted it there were two copies... one as a draft and one as a submission. So, I deleted the draft.

The rejection was not an outright claim of plagiarism. Was it that I did not quote my sources properly or did the system think it was a duplicate submission?

The article was deleted, and rejection states because of that "editors may not be able to answer specific questions about it." So, I have come here hoping for answers.

All in all, it is no big deal. I can use the article elsewhere. I would just like to figure this out so I don't have this problem in the future.