Writing Topics

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

weirdlittlekc

Writing Topics

Post by weirdlittlekc »

I know this sounds silly, but I have no idea what to fill my catalog with. I've always written for websites like TheContentAuthority or TextBroker, where they tell you what to write. Thus far I have one article submitted and I'm waiting for it to get reviewed. It's a short little blurb about how infomercials got started on American TV.

So there it is, how do you decided what topics/articles you write?
Pellucidean

Re: Writing Topics

Post by Pellucidean »

Look at the other stuff that sells, or what other authors are writing on. You can really write on just about anything you want, but obviously some stuff is more likely to sell (or at least more likely to sell quickly). Pursuing topics for which there's a market is probably the easiest and simplest approach.
PaulMaplesden

Re: Writing Topics

Post by PaulMaplesden »

Hi weirdlittlekc, and welcome to CC - It's a good place to be. It's interesting that you should ask what to write about, as back in 2014 I did a fairly extensive analysis of what was selling over a 30 day period, and write it up on the forums. Here are some links to the work, which will hopefully provide some inspiration!

What sold on Constant Content in June 2014? - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76743
What types of content are people buying and selling? - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76724
Content That Sells - Visualizing the Data - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76726

Hopefully there's some insight here that's helpful to you and some of the other new writers. CC seems to be attracting new customers at a good rate, and that's great for all of us.