How can a writer upgrade Access Level?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

escturtle

How can a writer upgrade Access Level?

Post by escturtle »

I've had only an Access Level 3 since my acceptance as a CC writer. Since then, I've never had an article rejected - and I've sold 75% of my submissions. I'm a member of a few Pools, and I've received some Private Requests. What else am I supposed to be doing in order to upgrade my Access Level?

I couldn't find any clear answers on this topic in the CC files.
Thanks!!!!
Isabelnewth

Re: How can a writer upgrade Access Level?

Post by Isabelnewth »

Escturtle, it sounds as though you are doing really well, I have never heard of someone with no rejections before! I asked the same question, because the process isn't transparent, and the answer was basically that it's a mixture of things, which left me very little the wiser. But I think they review it from time to time, so I think probably you just need to keep on keeping on for a bit..... :)
escturtle

Post by escturtle »

thanks

to clarify - I may not have phrased that correctly - I've had requests to edit typos and the like, but no "rejections"... I didn't mean that I've never been asked to make a change! Gosh, I can't imagine anyone never gets nabbed by an editor here :-)

I wish I knew what the criteria to upgrade are, cuz I'm very driven by deadlines and goals - and the open-ended ambiguity doesn't motivate me!
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

Well, I have written over 1230 articles, have over a 90% sell rate and my access is level 3. Every so often it goes up to a 2, but within a few hours or a day it is back at 3. I'm not sure if it is controlled by a computer or people make the decision.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I forget how to check levels but I think I'm a 3 or 4 or something like that the first time I checked.

Unless the customer is very low maintenance, I find that the open market is much more profitable so I've never cared what level I'm at.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

I finally found it - you have to click on "my account" then "edit my request settings." I don't suppose there's any point mentioning the "acccess" spelling mistake on that page because the same mistakes seem to stay on the site for years quite happily. :) I am level one and I guess it could be because I have been in writer pools and working with private requests for a while now - no other reason that I know of.

My problem is that I've entered my qualifications in properly, but since the new site started, they are appearing strangely on my profile page. Two qualifications get stuck together on the same line and they don't make sense. Are we only allowed to write one certificate per field of expertise? Does anyone else have an issue with their profile page?

Thanks. :)
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

I moved up to 2 quite quickly after joining, but have now been sitting there for a long time. I don't think it's too important though, it won't have a big effect on your success on CC.