Access level for requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Isabelnewth

Access level for requests

Post by Isabelnewth »

Anyone experienced promotion to a higher access level for requests? I believe the level you were originally given (pretty low in my case) reflects a number of factors. But is there any evidence out there that it's ever reviewed? Not seriously grumbling, just idly wondering! Cheers, all.
LMasterson

Re: Access level for requests

Post by LMasterson »

Yes, I've moved up a couple of access levels in the past few months. I began with an access level of three last year, completed several writer's pool batch requests before the specified deadlines, then moved up to level two. About six weeks ago I moved up to level one access after losing a private client and completing more work here than my usual amounts. I guess it does happen. Hang in there - and good luck!
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Thanks, glad to hear it happens. :) Maybe I need to work harder :( !
ScottBrodie

Post by ScottBrodie »

What is this Access Level, and where can I find mine? Thanks for the help.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

You'll find the information you need to find your access level in this:

Revamped Request System

How we handle requests has been changed substantially. The old writer pool system has been replaced with a new system we’re calling Targeted Requests and an accompanying new form that clients use to place requests. Please feel free to check that out here - https://www.constant-content.com/articl ... ng-service. Essentially, clients will enter Content Types, Certifications, Areas of Study, Country, etc, that they’re looking for when entering their requests, and the system will send the request to writers who have entered those credentials in the new Edit My Request Settings page https://www.constant-content.com/account/a_requests.htm. So, it’s really important that all the info you have in that page is up to date to ensure you have the best access to requests. Be sure to update your request settings today!

On that page, you’ll notice a section that tells you if you are eligible for requests and what your access level is. To be eligible, you must have at least 10 articles approved and be given an access level. Your access level determines how soon after a request is issued that you will be able to claim it. Access Level 1 has the first opportunity to claim a request, and each subsequent level will be able to after a short delay if the request has not been claimed.

What determines your Access Level? It is built around a number of factors which include the number of articles you’ve had accepted, editorial feedback, attention to deadlines and profile completeness. The best way to increase your Access Level is to submit high quality, error free content regularly.

You’ll also see Expert Group requests on the new form. These groups are teams of writers who have demonstrated expertise in certain fields. To join an Expert Group, visit the Edit My Request Settings page and click Apply next to the group you wish to apply to. An editor will review your application and you’ll get a response soon after.

These types of requests are how a lot of the requests on the site will come through going forward. You’ll still see Public Requests, Project Requests and Private Requests, but they’ve been updated as well. Here are how the types of requests will look going forward:

Call For Articles – customers inviting all writers to submit articles to them; articles that aren’t purchased are added to the catalog after 3 days. These were formerly called Public Requests.
Casting Call – customers inviting writers to message them to express interest in working with the customer. This will replace the emails sent directly from Constant Content on behalf of clients and you’ll now be able to directly message clients.
Expert Groups – if you’ve applied and been accepted to write in an expert group you’ll be able to claim these requests.
Targeted Requests – requests that you can claim and work on exclusively. These will be identified based on how the customer targeted the request. You will see Area of Study, Category, Certification, and Country. You will only see Managed Requests if your Request Settings match what the client has targeted.
Private Request – requests sent to you directly by a client. Please note that all private requests now need to be claimed, and can also be marked as complete to get them out of your queue.
Project Request – requests that are associated with a client’s Project. Only writers they have added to their teams will be able to claim these. You can visit the My Projects page and select the project from the menu in the top right of the screen to see an overview of the project and any shared files.