Question about Public Pool Requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

escturtle

Question about Public Pool Requests

Post by escturtle »

I keep receiving tons of email alerts about new Public Pool Requests. Yet when I click on them, often within seconds of receiving the alert, I am always brought to a CC page with no Requested Content. And none of these PP Requests are showing up on any of my pages, not on Req Content nor on My Projects.

Where are they? How is it possible that they ALL disappear within seconds of the email alert?

If anyone could explain, it'd be great.
Lysis

Re: Question about Public Pool Requests

Post by Lysis »

There are people who just grab them. CC mentioned that there is a huge number of people in the pool, so you probably have to be there next to your email.
escturtle

Post by escturtle »

I hear you- but I've been working at my computer and clicking on the requests within 1-2 seconds (no exaggeration), and they're already gone! Someone must have an amazing app that allows them to grab before the rest of the world ever sees it!
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

The emails come out after the requests go out on CC, so by the time you've clicked on the email it's probably too late!

I was in a pool once were the customer would send out an email to everyone involved beforehand to say that requests would be coming through shortly, so you knew if you wanted to claim them you needed to log into CC and keep refreshing Requested Content!
escturtle

Post by escturtle »

Thank you! Now I'm keeping "My Projects" page open, so I can see them come in (hopefully!).

But I still think someone out there has an app I don't know about, which intercepts projects en route.

This forum is great- as I've never once received a response back from the Customer Support here... Do they exist?
Sadly, CC really lags way behind the amazing Author Support teams on all the other platforms I write for.
Constant

Post by Constant »

escturtle wrote:Thank you! Now I'm keeping "My Projects" page open, so I can see them come in (hopefully!).

But I still think someone out there has an app I don't know about, which intercepts projects en route.

This forum is great- as I've never once received a response back from the Customer Support here... Do they exist?
Sadly, CC really lags way behind the amazing Author Support teams on all the other platforms I write for.
We exist. From what I can see we've responded to all your emails to us; sorry if we've missed one somehow. If you ever find that's the case, please feel free to contact anne AT constant-content.com directly and she'll be happy to help.