Anyone doing these G/O Digital Requests?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LauraGinn

Anyone doing these G/O Digital Requests?

Post by LauraGinn »

I'm tempted to do a few but I have no idea what the client wants. The doc Sienna sent doesn't help much, and I'm wondering whether I'll get more info if I 'claim' one of them. Can anyone help?
Pellucidean

Re: Anyone doing these G/O Digital Requests?

Post by Pellucidean »

I'm in the same boat. I spent a pretty good amount of time trying to figure out what they wanted, but I just don't get what exactly we're supposed to write about, or from what perspective.

Also, quite frankly, at the listed price for that word count, the articles aren't a great deal for authors. I would still help if I understood what's being asked for, though.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Nope they're not great pay. I just thought I'd give it a go whilst I'm quiet with client work.

I did email Sienna back and ask for more info and was told 'The request provides the company name that the article should be about.' But I still don't understand what they want. I don't know if it's just me being stupid, as 300 of these have been claimed so some people clearly know what they're supposed to be doing. With CC being so picky, it would be nice to see a sample or actual instructions...

Oh well.
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

The whole G/O process confuses me too. The pay is low, but if I can do them quickly I would be willing to give it a shot. Just no clue what they want.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

I've sent Sienna two emails and haven't heard back. I can do a few, but can't afford to blind and have it rejected. One of the ones I'm interested in has conflicting website addresses on 2 of the docs.
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

I just sent her two emails too. I just don't get it at all. I see the client names, but what subject are we suppose to write about? How do we submit it when we are done? I do this type of writing daily (she wants), but I'm clueless here.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Well unfortunately that's four writers that are willing to help but can't without proper instructions. I'm guessing (though can't be sure), that the people who have taken topics already have probably written these before, and it's only now they've got slammed with content that they're asking us for help. If anyone from CC sees this, I'm in the UK so will be free to help tomorrow if proper instructions (and perhaps a sample) are sent so I know what I'm doing.
gators18

Post by gators18 »

$25*.65/500=.0325 (originally $20*.65/500=.026)

For a rush request with a huge list of requirements up to CC's quality standards? Sorry, but that's a lower bid than Textbroken drivel and also less than people are receiving on spec articles here even when accounting for not selling 100%.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I'm actually shocked that they're still sending out emails asking for help when they can't reply to people who are interested in helping but don't have the proper instructions. If they'd given me them when they first asked, I could have done 10-20 articles by now. It wouldn't take long to put together a document with instructions and a sample, and I'm sure we're not the only ones who have no idea what they want. I refuse to write blind for articles that won't be able to be resold. I've sent one more email back, but not holding my breath for a reply.
Sienna

Post by Sienna »

Hello Writers,

Thanks for bringing forth your questions about the G/O Digital Project.

The topics of the articles should pertain to the industry of the company noted in the request. In cases where a url is not provided, please use the client’s web site as the source.

You should use the reference site/client’s site to come up with a suitable topic, and then utilize the client as a reference. You should also find another authoritative resource that pertains to the topic, and cite that resource.

For example:

Resources
Using two, credible resources is required. One provided resource and one additional resource.

The provided resource should be integrated naturally, in one of two ways:

· One way you can link naturally, is linking to a branded keyword that is a resource, for example:
According to health experts at ABC Company, “60% of people do not adequately stretch before exercising.”
· Another natural way to integrate text, is when you link to a generic keyword, in an effort to provide the reader with an in-depth explanation to something, that you do not go into detail about in the article. For example:
One major fashion trend in spring 2015 is Gingham, which was represented across runways at Fashion Week.

I will also post some additional quidelines, as well as a sample of what they are looking for.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sienna
Sienna

Post by Sienna »

Here is a good sample post:

Black Friday Lawsuits
As Black Friday creeps stealthy around the corners of the month, it is important to remember that safety is not granted to all during the holiday season. Three people have encountered the true darkness of Black Friday in the form of violence, death and lawsuits, all hoping others will learn from their dark experiences.
Read below to hear the most trying cases of the decade, and see how the families of those involved responded.
Shoplifting and Shoving
In Buckeye, Arizona, a man was pushed to the ground by a police officer after being accused of shoplifting a video game. Jerald Newman claimed to have been tripped by an officer in a Black Friday panic at the local Walmart, leaving his face caked with blood. While the officer disputed the case, Newman claimed he was bending down to pick his grandson up from the floor before being trampled, then was attacked by the officer. Newman sued the Town of Buckeye in the amount of $500,000 for false arrest and injury. Newman settled in 2013 for $30,000.
Death by Stampede
In 2008, another man was injured, this time in Valley Stream, New York - fatally. Jdimytai Damour, a part-time Walmart employee hired just a week before the dark day, was trampled as customers stampeded the store in Green Acres Mall. After pressing on the glass door, Damour was crushed by the collapsing door. The crowd continued to move into the Walmart, leading to Damour's death by asphyxiation. Damour's family sued Walmart for wrongful death, yet received only $7,000 for their loss. As of 2013, Walmart still had not paid Damour's family the $7,000 mandated by the case. Wal-Mart has appealed the case, claiming their safety and health requirements have advanced since the time of Damour's death.
Racial Profiling
NYPD Officer Jenny Mendez was accused of shoplifting in 2012 by a Macy's in the Bronx, where she had grown up all of her life. Accused of shoplifting, Mendez verified that she was carrying her items out in the open while still in the story, leading to the dismissal of all allegations in 2013.During the initial trial for shoplifting, security officers were quoted on-record stating their boss was telling them to lie about the arrest report - many speculate this to be the reason for the dropped charges. Subsequently, Mendez sued the department store for $40 million for racial profiling and the loss of her job as a result of the shoplifting allegations. As of 2014, Mendez continues to await trial with Macy's.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

!!!!
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Isabelnewth wrote:!!!!
I think I understand it now. Choose a client - see what their website is about. Write an article that the client could be an expert reference for. Add another reference. Ta-dah. At least, I think that's what we have to do.

Update - I've just looked through it again, and can't find the 'vendor' website. Anyone else?
juneafternoon

Post by juneafternoon »

Could someone please provide a link to the instruction document?

Description:
It is impertative that you carefully review the GO Digital Instruction Feb 2nd # 2 document for crucial information regarding formatting and sources. This document is in the Shared Files section of the GO Custom Articles My Project Page. ***Please have the articles completed by 4:00 PM Pacific time on Thursday February 5th***

I can't find it anywhere. Or if you could point me in the right direction... I emailed CC to no avail.

Thanks!
JDWhang

Post by JDWhang »

I'm passing on these. The rate is very low, especially since they're asking you to provide sources.