Anyone doing these G/O Digital Requests?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

EFowler

Re: Anyone doing these G/O Digital Requests?

Post by EFowler »

Lysis wrote:I'll say it again -- anyone who has a 911/rush/OMG NEED CONTENT NOW and want a ton of articles all at once is a big red flag.

99% of the time, this is someone who is outsourcing and farmers/outsourcers will screw you over if they don't get paid.
Why is there not a 'like' button on this forum? :D
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

hehe

I know cc has some people drop credits in their account to back up the job, but I don't know. This job had all kinds of bad written on it. Long gone are the days of spitting out massive amount of unrelated content for adsense clicks. That stuff just doesn't work anymore.

rip Suite101
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Lysis wrote:hehe

I know cc has some people drop credits in their account to back up the job, but I don't know. This job had all kinds of bad written on it. Long gone are the days of spitting out massive amount of unrelated content for adsense clicks. That stuff just doesn't work anymore.

rip Suite101
I went through the emails for this project and I'm sure the original client was called Amanda Savage. Her name has changed to Melanie something now. I've had 1 sale out of 5. Would be interesting to see whether these are still selling...
Gail Kavanagh

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

Has anyone noticed that wstreatment.com just leads to a Host Gator page? The site doesn't even exist - or at least not yet. Not sure what any of it means but I have switched to idle to avoid these requests - still getting them though. I am hoping CC isn't so focused on these things that everything else on the site is being overlooked.
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

Looks like all the wstreatment articles got claimed very quickly, so I figure people must've had good experiences last time to be so confident to claim them this time around.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

2 more of my G/O Digital Posts have sold now. Again to a different client than Amanda Savage. At least they're selling though...
topquark

Post by topquark »

I'm always amused by the emails CC sends out begging for help with these articles, and extending the deadline further and further beyond what was originally requested. If you need something OMG right now this second, maybe try offering a higher rate for it to make it more attractive?
topquark

Post by topquark »

I'm always amused by the emails CC sends out begging for help with these articles, and extending the deadline further and further beyond what was originally requested. If you need something OMG right now this second, maybe try offering a higher rate for it to make it more attractive? I could easily do 10 a day, but why would I when there's better paying work that I could claim on other sites?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

topquark wrote:I'm always amused by the emails CC sends out begging for help with these articles, and extending the deadline further and further beyond what was originally requested. If you need something OMG right now this second, maybe try offering a higher rate for it to make it more attractive?
Oh you and your sense. Oh you.