Anyone doing these G/O Digital Requests?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LauraGinn

Re: Anyone doing these G/O Digital Requests?

Post by LauraGinn »

I've done one of them and had it sent back for revisions, which I'll do tomorrow. I don't mind working for a low price if they're easy to write, but we'll see if it gets accepted once I've made the changes. Won't be doing any more after reading what Lysis said on another thread. I'll see if they pay before doing a large amount...
NicoleW

Post by NicoleW »

I submitted four articles today. Two have already been accepted, and they sold just a couple hours later.
Constant

Post by Constant »

LauraGinn wrote:I've done one of them and had it sent back for revisions, which I'll do tomorrow. I don't mind working for a low price if they're easy to write, but we'll see if it gets accepted once I've made the changes. Won't be doing any more after reading what Lysis said on another thread. I'll see if they pay before doing a large amount...
If it helps ease your concerns at all, Laura, we've been working with this client for a while and they do have credits on their account for these requests.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

juneafternoon wrote:Could someone please provide a link to the instruction document?

Description:
It is impertative that you carefully review the GO Digital Instruction Feb 2nd # 2 document for crucial information regarding formatting and sources. This document is in the Shared Files section of the GO Custom Articles My Project Page. ***Please have the articles completed by 4:00 PM Pacific time on Thursday February 5th***

I can't find it anywhere. Or if you could point me in the right direction... I emailed CC to no avail.

Thanks!
I've got a copy of it that Sienna sent in a mass email - might be worth checking to see if you received it then as well? If not, let me know and I'll give you my email address.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Constant wrote:
LauraGinn wrote:I've done one of them and had it sent back for revisions, which I'll do tomorrow. I don't mind working for a low price if they're easy to write, but we'll see if it gets accepted once I've made the changes. Won't be doing any more after reading what Lysis said on another thread. I'll see if they pay before doing a large amount...
If it helps ease your concerns at all, Laura, we've been working with this client for a while and they do have credits on their account for these requests.
Ah okay that's cool then. Thanks!
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

How is everyone saving the titles on these? I have had an article rejected twice for being saved incorrectly, but I can't for the life of me see why.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

NicoleW wrote:I submitted four articles today. Two have already been accepted, and they sold just a couple hours later.
Is anyone seeing sales? I've completed four of these now, one of which was submitted over a week ago. They've all been accepted by CC but none have been bought by the client. Should I be worried?
NicoleW

Post by NicoleW »

LauraGinn wrote: Is anyone seeing sales? I've completed four of these now, one of which was submitted over a week ago. They've all been accepted by CC but none have been bought by the client. Should I be worried?
Since I posted last week, four of my G/O articles have sold. I did nine or 10 more that have all been quickly accepted but haven't sold..... Hope it wasn't all in vain!
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I wouldn't worry. I think the sales will go through with this client. It might just be a case of a single individual completing the buying process, and actually reading each article first. Happy writing! WG
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Word Gypsy wrote:I wouldn't worry. I think the sales will go through with this client. It might just be a case of a single individual completing the buying process, and actually reading each article first. Happy writing! WG
I'm still waiting on a sale. :(
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hang in there Laura! I think it is just taking a while. I have content sitting and waiting to be purchased for a different team. It's frustrating to be sure, but try not to let it get you down. ~WG
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Well, I woke up this morning saying one of them had sold. But, when I checked, it wasn't to the original client who ordered the content. So, what I'm wondering is if the new buyer is working with the original client, or if the article was just returned to the general catalogue after it went a week without purchase...
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

Is it normal for articles that can be 'claimed' with the yellow button to not be bought by the customer requesting them? I thought that if you claimed articles in that way it was generally assumed they would end up buying the piece (unless of course you seriously botched it or something)… Honestly, the G/O requests seems like an even more mediocre deal now…
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Pellucidean wrote:Is it normal for articles that can be 'claimed' with the yellow button to not be bought by the customer requesting them? I thought that if you claimed articles in that way it was generally assumed they would end up buying the piece (unless of course you seriously botched it or something)… Honestly, the G/O requests seems like an even more mediocre deal now…
Yup, I have to agree. Not sure why there was such a mad rush for them, when they haven't been purchased. It's starting to look a bit dodgy to me.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I'll say it again -- anyone who has a 911/rush/OMG NEED CONTENT NOW and want a ton of articles all at once is a big red flag.

99% of the time, this is someone who is outsourcing and farmers/outsourcers will screw you over if they don't get paid.