Resource link?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

Resource link?

Post by contentwriter »

Wanted to help with the big Feb 1 project this month. But I'm just a bit confused by the instructions. Is EACH article request supposed to have 1 required resource link? Because I click "view details" on an article and don't see one. The shared doc file contains only a few resource links.
dbvirago

Re: Resource link?

Post by dbvirago »

Did you year from anyone on this? I was going to write a few, but the topics I am interested in had conflicting info in the 3 doc files.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I'm a third writer who was going to do some, but don't understand the instructions...
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I would be careful with this one.

There is a scam running around on Elance with similar instructions. I would dip my toes in the water to check it out, but I wouldn't base too much income on this gig until I tested it first.
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Ooh, that's interesting Lysis! If I wasn't so snowed under with work at the moment I would have picked a couple up just to help out (I usually avoid the $20 requests like the plague!), but there's no way I'd find the time - I'm going to check out the instructions now.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yeah, I know you are on Elance too, EFowler. The $25 rush job that is up-in-the-air style topics and needs a ton of content. Sound familiar? Seems too similar to me. Only difference is it has to be done by Friday and not same day like the other scam.

I would just approach it with caution. I hate to see writers scammed.

Just won my first arbitration suit from some schmuck on Elance trying to get out of a contract. All the red flags were there, but I didn't go with my gut. But I won, so I'm happy. :)
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Oh yes, good point! Congrats on winning your Elance arbitration :D
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Thanks! Win for freelancers IMO. He tried to get all his money back from work I did back in August plus escrow funds. I knew halfway through the project that it was going to end badly. He first accused me of plagiarism and retracted his statement after he found that what content he had given me was plagiarized not mine. At this point, I knew it wasn't going to end well. Worst job I've had on Elance to date and I was sweating it out but it was worth the fight. The arbitrator called it the stereotypical case of a guy using the quality card to get out of a contract but couldn't back up his claim with evidence. I knew that, but I feel so validated to have someone else see it.

Looks like the job is legit according to another writer and Constant, so my bad. Just sounded so much like the Elance scam going around.