Usage paid for 0.00???

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Octarin

Usage paid for 0.00???

Post by Octarin »

I wrote to support as well, but I'm not sure they'll get to me any time soon. This is my problem.

An article sold twice in the last week, both times for Usage. The first time, it went through alright, the second time (a couple of days later) it said that my usage fee is 0.00 so I got 0.00. Erhm. What's up with that? And is there anything I can actually do about it?

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy16 ... ontent.jpg
Gail Kavanagh

Re: Usage paid for 0.00???

Post by Gail Kavanagh »

That shouldn't happen.CC does not offer articles for free any more (once back in the day but not now). You will have to keep on at Support about this one.
gators18

Post by gators18 »

Octarin wrote:I wrote to support as well, but I'm not sure they'll get to me any time soon. This is my problem.

An article sold twice in the last week, both times for Usage. The first time, it went through alright, the second time (a couple of days later) it said that my usage fee is 0.00 so I got 0.00. Erhm. What's up with that? And is there anything I can actually do about it?

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy16 ... ontent.jpg
Same customer by any chance? Could have just been a download issue and support's fix sent the weird second notification.

I always get nervous when saving changes because the boxes default to checked and my unique licenses are always set to zero because I don't do them, but you shouldn't have been able to accidentally change the price to $0 once it was already sold.
Octarin

Post by Octarin »

I checked the article, the Usage fee is the same it always was and there is no ability to change it either. I still haven't heard from support but I am feeling reluctant about submitting any larger articles atm... :(
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Is it the same customer making both purchases? If I remember correctly, I had this happen to me a while back. The customer wasn't charged because he had already purchased the same article at an earlier point in time, even though a usage license is meant for a single-time posting. I was told that the system is set up to default to a $0 price if it has already been purchased by the same customer at an earlier time. Not sure if this is what is happening to you or if the system is still set up this way. I certainly don't agree with this practice, and I didn't get any money from the second sale either. Hope it works out for you. Let us know what happens!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Happened to me too except the customer paid usage and then paid full rights. Probably made the mistake of usage and reversed the charges so he could have full rights instead.