New Writer Pool requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

EFowler

New Writer Pool requests

Post by EFowler »

I've had one of those terrible 'in the middle of the night' thoughts!

With the new request system, I'm still not 100% sure about how things work, and I claimed a WP request that had a total of 10 articles needed. I initially assumed that, say, 10 people could claim and write one article, which is what I've done. Now I'm wondering whether I should be writing all 10? As the deadline is 2am tomorrow morning, and I'm technically supposed to be enjoying my Christmas/New Year break, I'm panicking a bit that I'm going to get an email asking for the remaining 9 as a matter of urgency!
LauraGinn

Re: New Writer Pool requests

Post by LauraGinn »

When I click on 'Writer Pool Requests' there are none available but that might be because I'm in one of the lower levels. Have you tried emailing or phoning the team? I've had some articles accepted today so I know some of them are working.

If you do need help writing them, I'm free for the next few hours, and again tomorrow.
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Yep, it was the full 10 articles!

Thanks for your offer Laura, my very understanding boyfriend has said he doesn't mind me working today when I was supposed to be spending the day with him. 8)
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Wow, well hopefully you'll be able to complete them before this evening :)

Good luck, and you know where I am if you need me.
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Just had another 'terrible thought' and I've emailed Sienna to check. The stated budget is $50-$100 and I'm working on the assumption that it's per article, not $50-$100 for all 10 articles. Hmm, if the client only wants to spend $5-$10 per article at least I'll have 10 more for my catalog! :lol:
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Aaaaand, nearly done! Just taking a quick break then finishing up the final of the 10 :shock:

Hopefully this will stop anyone else making the same mistake I did, not realising that a WP request for 10 articles actually meant one writer to write them all (I know, I know, it sounds so obvious to me now!)

I'd like to thank Sienna from CC for being awesomely lovely, and not calling me a dumb@ss :wink: and the editor(s) for whizzing through 10 (probably boring, ha ha!) finance articles so quickly and efficiently.
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

LauraGinn wrote:When I click on 'Writer Pool Requests' there are none available but that might be because I'm in one of the lower levels.
Looking at my request settings, I think I could claim it because I'm approved as an expert in finance - they're finance articles.