Account permanently suspended

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

irishmoe

Account permanently suspended

Post by irishmoe »

I submitted an article a couple of months ago that was rejected, I've been busy so I just deleted it.
I then resubmitted it today after editing it for any errors then I just received this mail

"We do not accept content with sentence structure errors, missing punctuation errors, capitalization errors, or other errors. Your submissions do not meet our requirements. Your account has been suspended. We will consider no more of your work."

Fair enough but it was run through grammarly and I'm also an English teacher so I was pretty sure it was fine in its 2nd draft. Now I'm permanently suspended? Is there any way I can get back in? I had another article reviewed yesterday and the only problem with that was its title was in the wrong place.

What can I do?
EFowler

Re: Account permanently suspended

Post by EFowler »

I'm really sorry, but from what I understand there's no way back from suspension. Other people might know more though!
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I don't actually know, but there have been posts on the forum referring to being reinstated after suspension, so it can't be impossible. The problem, as so often, is the lack of response from 'support' to most communications. It's a big problem with this site: I would say it's the main one, from a writer's point of view. I have heard rumours about a phone number that's more effective, but only rumours!

Sorry that you have been suspended. It seems to be happening an awful lot at the moment.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Sorry this happened to you. I just got some not so hot feedback from an ed. Basically said I suck major balls and I'm sure had I not been doing a private request, my butt would be gone. I'm only doing private requests at the moment since I started an onsite gig with Citrix, but it seems like someone is cracking down.

I know people who created second accounts. Have no idea if it worked out or not.

I guess I would think of it like this: You aren't missing anything since it's your first article.

I think they outsource their eds. Just a guess. But, when you do that, you usually have a high turnaround. The result is that you get the ups and downs. Of course, I'm just guessing, but it seems like things go up and down here when it comes to suspensions.
irishmoe

Post by irishmoe »

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm a bit upset because this is the best place to make money from your articles without having to send out endless query mails or trawling through site after site finding the well paid gigs.

I'll live and learn. Just sucks as this would have been a nice thing to have ticking over in the background, a way to save some cash.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I think a lot of people know how you feel. Something is going on here whether it's a command sent from above or a new ed. Don't know.

Just had a private request purged from the system. I think it was a mistake since the note said "can no longer accept" but then it also said "see side notes and comments." Released the requests and taking a break from here. I'm all for standards, but it's getting a bit too much. Time to go outside. :D

This has always been my experience at CC though. Things are great. Everything just moves along and then WHAM nothing gets accepted and you get everything rejected. For me, I think it's not worth the frustration and just means it's time to take a break. Sucks because in August I made $2k from this place. Grrrrr.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Moe in case you haven't noticed there is a thread above which includes this from RemoteRiverman 'Don't know about the 1-800 number, but their normal phone number is no secret - it's in the online Canada Yellow Pages: 250-298-6055. Why isn't their phone number on their website? Good question. It certainly is for most businesses...

If you don't get a response from emailing support, it may be worth trying a call to ask them to look at it again....
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

This is crazy. suspended count in the last four months is about 15 or so that I know of. including me. I was reinstated, but i am only allowed to work for ONE client IF he requests something.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

This is insane. From professional writers to English teachers, no-one is safe. I stand by not submitting any new work until all of this calms down and CC communicate with us and let us know what is happening. I'm not willing to put my current gallery articles at risk, and when long term members of this site are being deleted, and English teachers who clearly know how to write are being suspended, it's not saying much for people like me who have no qualifications. CC need to calm down their writers or explain what is going on - this is madness.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

so, I guess I should say after complaining (I was pretty frustrated this morning) that CC and I worked it out.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Lysis wrote:so, I guess I should say after complaining (I was pretty frustrated this morning) that CC and I worked it out.
That's good to hear. Just wish they would communicate with people a bit better :roll:
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I completely understand. Trust me, I sympathize. Thought I'd maybe add a little calm to the thread is all. :)

But, I understand the frustration totally.

I've always found that CC is up and down for me. It's been pretty consistent this year, so I'm hoping it will pass soon.
cathleengarvey

Post by cathleengarvey »

Pretty much everything I submit is getting rejected lately and often for things that are not technically mistakes but more the editor's personal taste. For example, one editor rejected a restaurant review because I wrote 'the restaurant's interior' and suggested I use a word such as 'chamber' or 'dining room' and added that is was ultimately my decision. I welcome the constructive criticism but am terrified of getting suspended for so many rejections.

On the plus side, I actually got a compliment from an editor along with a rejection that said the article was 'mostly very good'. In seven years here that's the first positive comment I ever received and I almost fell off my chair reading it.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yeah, there is one very nice editor (maybe there are multiple actually!). Of course, we have no way of knowing but I got a few rejections in a row and most said "yeah, you suck" lol and then there was one in the bunch where the editor said "this is good but there is one issue." lol

I was doing so well here and I'm trying to take a break because of the issues. I have some private requests though and I don't want to drop off the face of the earth. I pride myself in being reliable and unless I'm dying, I will do what I say I will do. Usually, I walk away when things get like this and come back later. It's worked for me so far, but I think the one ed really hates my work and is stuck with my private requests. Ooops.