When you have no professional certificates

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

GhostFrappe

When you have no professional certificates

Post by GhostFrappe »

Well, the title says it all, does it not? I don't know why I'm required to have a certificate in order to submit content when I have two degrees, "None" isn't an option I can choose, and I have a feeling that "replace_me" means just what it implies: get rid of the newbie because they don't know squat.

I really don't want to lie about being a certified/registered something just to submit content, but what else can you do when you can't say you've got no certifications? I can't be the only one here with no certifications... can I?
remoteriverman

Re: When you have no professional certificates

Post by remoteriverman »

Is there a requirement now for professional certificates? LOL. Never heard of it. Been here for a year. Never went to college, don't have a certificate of any kind, have written 5 books, sold hundreds of magazine articles to clients all over the world, get regularly published in assorted magazines and make a good living as a freelance professional writer (though not writing for CC much at all any more). Professional certificates (and even degrees) aren't worth zip for writers these days. What matters is your portfolio of previous work and ability to market your skills.

So who is asking for a 'professional certificate'? Constant Content or a specific client? Sounds bizarre. Has CC slid into the Twilight Zone while I wasn't watching?

Cheers,
Kevin Casey
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I have no certs either. It's not a requirement.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Not a huge fan of "replace_me" either.
KinsleyRoyale

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

You don't have to have one. It is more if someone is looking for someone in a certain field. That being said, I'm a certified Life Coach, but that option wasn't listed so I couldn't check it off!