Is there a place to leave an editor a note?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

weagle87

Is there a place to leave an editor a note?

Post by weagle87 »

I have two terms in a requested article about college parties that seem incorrect, but they aren't. They are cool memes, actually, and I would like to tell the editor before he or she dings me on them.
ReneeF

Re: Is there a place to leave an editor a note?

Post by ReneeF »

Nope. I've had articles rejected, deleted, or come back with nasty remarks for leaving notes in the summary. Even after another editor requested it.

They got me on technical terms a lot because they were not in their Websters dictionary. Terms like Disavow, and there is a program called disavow, but I was not allowed to to use it or other technical terms we use in web design or SEO.
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Thanks Renee. I guess that one will be on its way back soon. I once went back and forth with the word realtor. One editor insisted that it's supposed to be capitalized and one said it wasn't. Never knew which way to go with it, but I didn't want to take it out in favor of real estate agent b/c realtors really like to be called realtors (the term sells articles).
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Sometimes it's weird with the edits. Like with SEO stuff, it's normal to say "SEOs" as in a bunch of people who do SEO, but I often forget and get edits to fix it. That stuff throws me.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Lysis wrote:Sometimes it's weird with the edits. Like with SEO stuff, it's normal to say "SEOs" as in a bunch of people who do SEO, but I often forget and get edits to fix it. That stuff throws me.
There is an editor that wont even let me use SEO I have to spell out all acronyms EVERY TIMe, not just the first time i used them in an article.

Yes i'm still suspended, still want to help out this wonderful community, I havnt been banned here in the forums.