Different editors for different topics

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

dbvirago

Different editors for different topics

Post by dbvirago »

Just curios about this. I have an article I submitted about a half an hour ago that was just reviewed, but I have some from last week that haven't been reviewed yet.

Edit: Apparently not, the same editor reviewed my second oldest piece. I hope I don't get any further reviews right now. With 200 articles on the site, I have never has a review like this, although I have read about them in these forums.

One of this editor's pet peeves, in addition to 'wordiness' is the use of "there are." There are many materials and if there are more than two, are two of the many sentences rejected by this editor.

Think I'll take a day off and revisit tomorrow to see if there are.... oops there I go again.
ReneeF

Re: Different editors for different topics

Post by ReneeF »

supposedly there are, but also it seems like they can jump from section to section or fill in. lately it seems like a few editors are on leave or vacation or something. I had articles in different sections and it still took over a week to get an editor to touch them.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

Sorry, but I'm going to have to reject your answer. There are is a wordy phrase. You need to make your sentences more dynamic. :D
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

dbvirago wrote:Sorry, but I'm going to have to reject your answer. There are is a wordy phrase. You need to make your sentences more dynamic. :D
LOL the real reason editors are slow..
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I got a pretty sarcastic rejection for wordiness the other day - see the 'rejections' forum. Looks like they're all in a bad mood right now... :?
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

dbvirago wrote:
One of this editor's pet peeves, in addition to 'wordiness' is the use of "there are." There are many materials and if there are more than two, are two of the many sentences rejected by this editor.
This sentence is awkward and wordy. not that I am one to judge, about the time i sit down to write in the forums one of my teen stepsons has to come in and talk while I'm typing. its all downhill from there.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

ReneeF wrote:
dbvirago wrote:
One of this editor's pet peeves, in addition to 'wordiness' is the use of "there are." "There are many materials..." and "if there are more than two...", are two of the many sentences rejected by this editor.
This sentence is awkward and wordy. not that I am one to judge, about the time i sit down to write in the forums one of my teen stepsons has to come in and talk while I'm typing. its all downhill from there.
Should have used quotes to clarify.

I get distracted too, which is why I proofread 2-3 times before submitting. The phrase, "there are," would never have caught my eye or ear before today.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

no worries, check out the constant content blog links I posted about constant constant gross grammar in this forum post about rejections. they might help.

on page two of:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=76809
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

I've pretty much given up on submitting any articles. I don't know if the editors are just young and taught that everything except what they were taught is bad, or if they're just kicking out articles with what could be an error. Whatever the case it is disheartening. I like to add more to my articles than, "See Spot. See Spot run."

The title of this thread is an interesting one though. Since I had to add "replace_me" to get me PC Repair certification added shouldn't the person reviewing an article about it have at least the equivalent? It might keep a lot of misunderstandings from cropping up.