"Waiting" Article

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ReneeF

"Waiting" Article

Post by ReneeF »

In our personal article queue where we see articles in "review", "View", or "sold" under article status I have one way way way down the list that says "waiting" what does this mean? should I panic?
ReneeF

Re: "Waiting" Article

Post by ReneeF »

What does it mean when an article has a status of "waiting"?
Waiting status happens when someone puts the article into the cart and the system saves the cart while we wait for the payment to be completed. Usually this takes less than a minute but in the case of e-Checks this process can take up to 5 business days. The waiting status also occurs when customers abandon their purchase after going to Paypal to complete the purchase. In these cases we aim to get in touch with users over the next week to complete the purchase and then after a week has passed we release the articles and their status will once again be set to "view".

:oops:
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yep. Sometimes it goes through. Other times it drops off. Depends if the customer comes back to buy it if they abandon the shopping cart.
NYWriter

Post by NYWriter »

Five days seems like an excessively long time to leave an article on hold in someone's cart, and unfair to the writer. How about a 48 hour hold, then the writer has the option of returning it to the queue, or letting it remain on waiting status? I say this as someone with a fresh article that was put on hold by the first viewer. It is a timely topic drawn from recent consumer news and while the client is off doing whatever, the article is getting stale. If it were an older, evergreen article this wouldn't be a problem. Having a 48 hour limit, then giving the writer an option seems fair to both parties. What's the sale rate on articles left more than 2 or 3 days? My guess is not enough to offset lost sales.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

NYWriter wrote:Five days seems like an excessively long time to leave an article on hold in someone's cart, and unfair to the writer. How about a 48 hour hold, then the writer has the option of returning it to the queue, or letting it remain on waiting status? I say this as someone with a fresh article that was put on hold by the first viewer. It is a timely topic drawn from recent consumer news and while the client is off doing whatever, the article is getting stale. If it were an older, evergreen article this wouldn't be a problem. Having a 48 hour limit, then giving the writer an option seems fair to both parties. What's the sale rate on articles left more than 2 or 3 days? My guess is not enough to offset lost sales.

Yes its been sicne sunday that i know of and first saw this "waiting" i've seriously never seen an article in waiting this long and I wish I could even delete it and resubmit. In other news, I can now go in and edit the article. when it is in view mode we cant make edits, but when it went into "waiting mode" the editor is again accessible. I'm so tempted to delete and resubmit or triple the price so they lose their death grip! Luck y its an evergreen article. business marketing it a great section to write in for sales, I'm just saying...
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Not sure how long it sits. It used to be you had to ask them to remove it, but I think they automate it now. I had one sit for a week before it was finally put back into the open pool, so maybe a week? I have another in waiting that's been there for a few days.

I'm okay with it sitting for a week to give the customer time to return. I've had it sit for 2 weeks and the customer came back, but after 2 weeks it's a little much.
JDWhang

Post by JDWhang »

I had one recently stay that way for over a month before being returned to "View."
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

A month would be frustrating. I thought maybe they automated it, but maybe they wait for the customer to actually abandon the order.
NYWriter

Post by NYWriter »

"I had one recently stay that way for over a month before being returned to "View." -- Wow! That is just plain ridiculous. Wonder if it was a glitch in the software.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

its rigth up there on my peeves with ZERO page views after several days. I've sold several cleaning articles before but this one gets zero views.. its not even interesting enough to look at?
bhuff85

Post by bhuff85 »

I've got 3 articles sitting in "waiting" status currently. Been there for well over a week now, so I'm almost 95% sure the person isn't coming back.

Sucks when they sit there and aren't available to anyone else. All are in top selling categories, so who knows if I would have net a sale or two from them. Guess I'll play the waiting game to see if things pan out or not.

Also, is it pretty slow around here lately? Seem much slower than last year. I've added quite a bit to my catalog and have only sold one lonesome article. Hopefully things will pick up down the line.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

bhuff85 wrote:I've got 3 articles sitting in "waiting" status currently. Been there for well over a week now, so I'm almost 95% sure the person isn't coming back.

Sucks when they sit there and aren't available to anyone else. All are in top selling categories, so who knows if I would have net a sale or two from them. Guess I'll play the waiting game to see if things pan out or not.

Also, is it pretty slow around here lately? Seem much slower than last year. I've added quite a bit to my catalog and have only sold one lonesome article. Hopefully things will pick up down the line.
I hope things will pick up too. I've sold three articles out of the last 17 posted. All in categories that normally do well. I think I am going to meet my article number goal here and then move back to blogging for a bit.