The big order that was coming in last Friday

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JDWhang

The big order that was coming in last Friday

Post by JDWhang »

Last week I got an email from CC asking to help them stock up the catalog for certain categories in preparation for multiple big orders that were coming by last Friday. Did anyone else have a lot of articles go for those? I made no sales and I'm wondering if the sales didn't happen or if they did and none of my stuff went.
Lysis

Re: The big order that was coming in last Friday

Post by Lysis »

Most of mine got accepted yesterday. I got the email too. I only wrote maybe 5-6 though. I did not make any sales, but I also didn't attach them to any requests.
FireHorse

Post by FireHorse »

No sales for that here either. I found it odd because I've previously done well in these situations.
evaku

Post by evaku »

I've sold just about every movie and show review I have ever written in the past week, so that was nice! All to the same buyer so I assume it was this big order. I actually didn't even realize there WAS a big order coming until I read you guys talking about it now and went back to check my email to see if that's what it said. I didn't have time this week to do anything for it so it was nice that they seemed to want some reviews! Though who knows if this was to the same buyer, maybe someone just wanted reviews.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I really only write tech with the occasional something else if I think it will be a good article. I did see all the movie reviews go through. I'd be an awful movie reviewer. lol The most I've ever done is video game reviews.

Tech is up and down all the time. I know it's best to diversify, but I'd rather diversify by writing for many different outlets than relying on one. CC is the most relaxing though since I get to come up with whatever I want. But sometimes those "whatevers" take a while to sell. I've actually sold mostly stuff from last year rather than this year. lol
JDWhang

Post by JDWhang »

evaku wrote:I've sold just about every movie and show review I have ever written in the past week
I was wondering whose those were!
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Lysis wrote:Most of mine got accepted yesterday. I got the email too. I only wrote maybe 5-6 though. I did not make any sales, but I also didn't attach them to any requests.
I'm still waiting for the ones I wrote to be accepted, but I also only wrote a handful. I have got a number of existing articles on the topics that were requested, in the right price range, so I thought I might have a few sales . . . but no!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

There were quite a few tech articles sold, but lots of use. So not sure if it was for the big order or not.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I submitted quite a few travel and pet articles for a big order but none of them sold. I'm not sure if they're popular topics normally either :? I think I'll go back to writing about business and marketing next week as they have been my best sellers over the last few months.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I wrote an article on dogs and addison's disease, because my dog was diagnosed with it so I knew first-hand what happens (she almost died...pretty scary stuff). It sold pretty quick. Dog topics are off and on for me but I haven't written a whole lot of them.
McCoy

Post by McCoy »

Dog stuff get searched a lot.
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Nothing I wrote got any views (I submitted to the request in automotive and in nutrition/fitness). Do you think we need to ask for them to be released?
FireHorse

Post by FireHorse »

I'm wondering the same thing. One of mine has had no views. The others just seem to be stuck at a few views. What do you do to get them released?
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

If you submitted them to the standing orders they should be viewable to all customers anyway :) No need to ask for them to be released.
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

I submitted 8 articles, all approved quickly; sold precisely none. I may reprice them (higher) if they don't sell before the next payout. I've done that with other articles and had a handful of them sell. I imagine these may sell eventually as well, but I was really hoping for a decent payout this time around. The last several have been positively anemic for me. :(