Waiting article.

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

Waiting article.

Post by contentwriter »

Hi. I have an article that has been on "waiting" status for several days now. I read somewhere this means a potential buyer left it in their cart. What should I do? Do I let it sit there or ask tech support to "unfreeze" it? :?:
Lysis

Re: Waiting article.

Post by Lysis »

Well how long has it been? The CC system sends emails to remind the customer that they have good stuffs still in their cart. :D But email hasn't been working. It seems to be working now (got an email from a customer last night, so I think we're in the clear?) So they might not have been notified.

I've had this good stuffs go through weeks later. If it's a couple of weeks, I think I'd give it until the end of the month. You don't want to prematurely remove an article from the customer's cart..probably looks bad. If it's still stuck in May, then you can contact CC using the contact form and let them know and they will release it.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

The customer who used to buy energy/insurance/broadband etc. used to keep files waiting for days before he bought a whole lot all at once, so I think you should wait a while and hope the sale happens! It's great if it's in someone's cart. :D
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

Hmm! Good points! OK, I'll wait. I just didn't want to miss the chance to sell to someone else who might buy it right away because the "buy" button seems unavailable when it is in "waiting " status.

Think there will be more WordPress purchases in the future? I saw a bunch of such sales and since it's my niche, I wrote several articles about it. Hopefully it will continue!
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

If you think it's an article that would sell if it wasn't 'waiting', I'd use the research you've done for that and quickly write another similar one - then you can have one waiting and one ready to be snapped up!

Sounds like you're doing well with your sales which is great news.

Abba
philipanderson

Post by philipanderson »

Good advice here. I've had a few that appeared as 'waiting' and they all went through as sales in the end. Patience is definitely the way forward with those ones. :wink:
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I still have some articles 'waiting' too. They're not on particularly popular topics so I'm going to leave it another couple of weeks and hope that the customer comes back and makes a purchase :)
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

My waiting articles have been returned to 'view' status so I'm guessing the client wasn't interested. Hope this industry picks up soon as it's crippling me financially!
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

Thanks all! It got released a while back and is now back to "view" status. I guess I'll wait for someone else to snatch it up!
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

The two waiting articles of mine that were purged are set to waiting again now :shock:
topquark

Post by topquark »

Is there any time limit on how long an article can stay in waiting status? Some of mine have been there for months...
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I had one get returned and got picked up within 24 hours. I would see it as a good sign!
FireHorse

Post by FireHorse »

How can you tell that an article is in "waiting" status?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

The status in your content list is set to "waiting."