Articles under review for days

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

McCoy

Articles under review for days

Post by McCoy »

I've had an article for a public request expiring in 3 days take 4 days to be reviewed.

I have another article that is around 4 days without review now.

Any idea what the deal is? I am loathe to write and submit more articles for public requests with these long review times.
Lysis

Re: Articles under review for days

Post by Lysis »

Yes, me too. My guess here is that there are a couple reasons for it. First, I think if there are already quite a few articles for the customer to choose from, then they hold off bombarding them with more. Second, they've got a lot of private projects going on. The private projects always take priority.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

I know how you feel and I agree with Lysis. Once I started getting private requests and writer pool work I realised how much of that was going on, so I could understand why my public request articles weren't always edited in time for the deadline. It was frustrating for sure, so I don't do public requests anymore. I would try them again though if my other work dried up. I hope things work out for you.

Abba May
remoteriverman

Post by remoteriverman »

When authors (like Abbamay) stop writing for Public Requests altogether because of delayed edit times, I think this is a serious issue that CC needs to address. I just submitted an article a day and a half before the deadline, and three days later it's still under review. This didn't happen last year - whenever I submitted a Public Request, it was almost always sent on to the client within a day. So, I let this client know that I sent it on time (couldn't attach the article yet, of course), and that when CC gets around to reviewing it, to please check it out. That's all you can really do (other than stop writing for Public Requests entirely).

The other trend that seems to be happening this year is a preponderance of 5 cent a word requests (did someone mention belly fat?). Maybe this is what's clogging up the system - a high volume of low-paid, generic-type articles.

I love writing for this site; I do wish it would stop shooting itself in the foot at times, however.

Cheers,
Kevin Casey
http://www.amazon.com/Kevin-Casey/e/B00IKGYPCK
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I think they are really busy, which is the reason for delays. I just kinda figure it's a great problem for them to have, because it means more work for me. :D

I've had GoToMeetings with private clients every week for the last 3-4 weeks and a couple before that. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat too, so I think they are just super busy, which is good!
JDWhang

Post by JDWhang »

remoteriverman wrote: The other trend that seems to be happening this year is a preponderance of 5 cent a word requests (did someone mention belly fat?). Maybe this is what's clogging up the system - a high volume of low-paid, generic-type articles.
Also, articles that state a price in the description that's lower than the (already low) "Price Per Article." CC even assigned me a private request like that. I hope the trend doesn't continue. There's a reason why I don't waste my time with Textbroker.
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

I have noticed that a whole slew of 5-cent-per-word requests are going unclaimed recently. I can't/won't do them because this week I have a full plate of assignments from other clients. But I am not sure I would have taken any of these requests anyway. This particular customer is super-slow to make purchases (think WEEKS), plus the assignments are HARD. It does seem that online clients in general want the world for very little money. I remember several months ago one buyer offered me $2 (!) for an article that was closing in on 1,000 words. I had to look twice at the offer to make sure I was reading it right. :roll:
remoteriverman

Post by remoteriverman »

As recently as December last year, I was writing 10-article blocks of writer pool articles for this particular high-volume CC customer (the one who now offers 5 cents per word as his standard rate) for @ 8 cents a word, and making decent money. This year I no longer write for his requests at all. Not only are they all 5 cents now (which is just over 3 cents in your pocket), but the requests have become more convoluted, and the subject matter more 'fluffy' (celebrities, endless diet articles, etc.). I was even offered a rush private request from this client (needed it in one day, but was still pricing it at 5 cents!).

There are, thankfully, still clients on CC willing to pay more than a paltry 5 cents a word for their articles, so I stick to writing for them now. As was just mentioned, there is a reason we all write for Constant Content and not Textbroker (or eLance, or oDesk, etc.). I hope CC recognises that their point of difference with these other sites is being eroded by the embracing of 5-cent-a-word articles.

Cheers,
Kevin Casey
http://www.amazon.com/Kevin-Casey/e/B00IKGYPCK
tayalltheway

Post by tayalltheway »

I'm pretty sure you're referring to two different customers. The one who was ordering mobile phones, credit cards, insurance, etc. at the end of last year is not the same one doing celebrities, diets, etc. Hopefully that other customer will make an appearance again soon!

I agree with you that the 5 cent a word articles aren't worth it, though I am in another writer pool that averages 4 cents a word and I automatically delete those requests without even looking at them...
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Hi tayalltheway, I'm also waiting for that awesome UK client to request something in the writer pool again. There used to be some standing requests for his topics but they're not always there now. I wonder if that ship has sailed or if we'll be lucky again?

Abba
remoteriverman

Post by remoteriverman »

Thanks Tayalltheway - you're absolutely right: they're two different clients. Let's hope the other one comes back to visit us soon....

Kevin Casey
McCoy

Post by McCoy »

So I have emailed support, and this article that was late for the public request is still stuck in the public request 3 weeks later.

Besides mailing again and being patient, is there anything I can do to get this article unstuck?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

No, I have quite a few stuck too. I think the only way is to delete and resubmit. I'm kinda tempted to do that. But that's why I'm submitting articles to the open pool instead of messing with getting them stuck in request queues.

Even private requests are taking a really long time to get reviewed, which is unusual.