Writers' Pool Articles Still in Queue?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

weagle87

Writers' Pool Articles Still in Queue?

Post by weagle87 »

I wonder if my situation is common or is happening to anyone else. I wrote several articles for a writer's pool. The deadline was well before the March 1 payment, yet they still sit in "My Content" and are listed as "view." No one has viewed them, and no one has paid. I needed that money, but since I'm thankful to be involved in the pools, I'm trying to be patient. Now, however, I'm becoming worried about the March 15 deadline. Beware the Ides of March? Is something bad happening at Constant Content?
evaku

Re: Writers' Pool Articles Still in Queue?

Post by evaku »

Yes it's pretty normal, especially for one client, so I'm willing to wager that that is who you wrote for. I have 4 articles that I wrote before the deadline still on view status, but this has happened to me before with upwards of 13. Don't worry, in my experience they will be bought eventually, though it might take a while!
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Thank you for helping me understand the process. I was getting worried.
evaku

Post by evaku »

No worries :) It can be unfortunate if you need the money, wrote a bunch of articles, but then they just sit there. Sometimes I've had to wait several weeks for them to finally get purchased, but without fail all of my Writers' Pool articles have been purchased every single time. In my experience, having to wait this long is the exception rather than the rule with the Writers' Pool. I'll let you know when those 4 I am waiting on finally sell! We're probably part of the same bunch.
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Thanks, evaku. We probably are. And it's not a ridiculous number or articles - 10 or so. Thank goodness for that :-)
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

I am in the same boat as the OP and others who have posted to this thread. I have seven articles for one project in "view" status and another 14 articles for another project which have been "waiting" for several days.The articles for the "waiting" client typically take weeks for purchases to clear so I am not surprised about that. But the articles for the "view" client were supposedly for a rush job, but they have been sitting for nearly 2 weeks. I too hope that at least some of these articles are actually purchased in time for the March 15 payout.
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Chris, I also find myself getting frustrated when I think of how stressed I was to meet the deadline. But until I'm brave enough to leave cyberspace and tackle the real world, I'm trying to remember that beggars can't be choosers. I sure do need that $$ on the 15th, though. If it doesn't clear until the 17th, it won't get to my bank in time to take my kid to the beach for spring break. And my credit cards have had enough stress :? .
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I find anything marked urgent in the freelancing writing world is a red flag.
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Getting nervous. It's the last working day of the pay period, and still they sit as "view." I'm considering not writing for this client anymore. They take too long to write anyway. Has anyone had them linger through two pay periods?
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

All of my "waiting" articles finally cleared this morning, and even some of the "view" articles, too. But the three most expensive articles are still in "view" status, LOL. I am still hoping that they get picked up in time for the next payout.

Speaking of which -- I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if history bears itself out, it is unlikely that the next payout will occur before Monday. I have noticed that when pay dates fall on weekends, the actual payout tends to be pushed to the following week. That is not iron-clad, but it is how things have worked more often than not in the recent past. :|

ETA: The final three "view" articles all cleared during the day today so the next payout will be much nicer than the last, when I collected a whopping $22.75.:lol: Luckily for me I wasn't counting on that payout to cover any major expenses.
Last edited by ChrisBlank on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
weagle87

Post by weagle87 »

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Sigh. I suppose fresh seafood is overrated :wink: