Did your initial 5 articles sell?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Kate

Did your initial 5 articles sell?

Post by Kate »

I'm a newbie here, and am wondering about those of you who have been here a while - did your initial 5 articles (that you have to upload to become "fully active") eventually sell?

Thanks - asking more out of curiosity than anything else.
tayalltheway

Re: Did your initial 5 articles sell?

Post by tayalltheway »

Looks like 3 of my first 5 sold, and I joined about a year ago. In that time, though, I have written almost 700 articles and sold almost 600, so I don't really think that your first 5 is a great predictor.
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

2 out of my first 5 articles have sold. Been here several months. I've sold about half my articles.
TjCharles

Post by TjCharles »

Mine did.

It's all about volume here. The more you write, the more you will sell. The caveat is that you have to be writing articles that there is a demand for.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I sold three of the five but have gone on to submit over 200 since then. It's sometimes surprising what sells and what doesn't, it's not always what you expect.
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Aha, out comes my geeky spreadsheet! :lol:

My first 5 articles all sold within two months, as did my 6th, but my 7th hasn't yet. I've written 148 in total, and 28 haven't sold.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

It took me some time to figure out what sells here and I switched my habits, but my first 4/5 sold. But, I guess technically I sold the same as 5/5 because one of my first was usage and it sold 3 times.