Pay?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

FireHorse

Pay?

Post by FireHorse »

Will we get paid today even with it being a holiday?
Lysis

Re: Pay?

Post by Lysis »

lol there are a few things guaranteed in life: taxes, death and someone posting about pay every 1st and 15th.

Usually, we get paid the following day, but it's not unheard of to get paid on a holiday or a sunday or whatnot. I would expect it to come in tomorrow and just be pleasantly surprised if it happens today.

I'm always the one trying to bang out content before payment in the hopes of increasing my payout by a little more so I like it when they hold off!
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

I actually figured on being paid tomorrow (Jan 2) because of the holiday. Fortunately I was able to budget for a delay, for once. It looks like I (and all of us) should budget for delayed pay dates for the rest of the winter. Every pay date after January 15 (Wednesday) falls on a weekend until April 1 (Tuesday).

Just FYI.
TjCharles

Post by TjCharles »

Thanks for the heads up, Chris.

Anyone paid yet?
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

Bumping this thread. I actually have several articles that I had hoped would make this payout, but they aren't even showing as "waiting," so I am not holding my breath there. Just wondering if anyone else has been paid yet? (Yes, I know Lysis -- but today is the SIXteenth, not the FIFteenth, LOL.)
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

lol yeah, I was wondering too this time, but I kinda sorta think they are having some tech issues. I don't think article views are working, because none of mine are increasing and I usually get at least a few on newly accepted articles.

Plus, the content editor wasn't working right this morning (for revisions).

So yeah, was kinda wondering myself but I'm pretty sure they are having some tech difficulties.
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

"So yeah, was kinda wondering myself but I'm pretty sure they are having some tech difficulties."

That does make sense. Support prolly has its hands full trying to patch up the site. I'm actually not expecting that much this time around, so a couple of days delay isn't critical -- for once. I was just wondering if I was the Lone Ranger here or if others were waiting too.
McCoy

Post by McCoy »

Is payday on the 1st and the 15th of each month?
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Payday is only on the first of the month UNLESS you change your settings to bi-monthly. Then its roughly around the 1st and 15th. In fact, this is the first time I have had money owed and NOT been paid exactly on the first/fifteenth. It is now the 2nd and no pay and its just sitting there. I certainly hope it shows up on Monday. :roll:
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

I am guessing that we won't be paid until tomorrow (Monday). I have noticed that payouts tend to occur on the 2nd and the 16th, unless either the 1st or the 15th falls on a Friday or Saturday, in which case payments may be as late as the 3rd and the 17th (if the 1st or the 15th is on Saturday) and on the 4th and the 18th (if the 1st or the 15th is on Friday), although we have been paid on weekends before, as Lysis pointed out.