Cursor has changed to selection tool in submission box

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

remoteriverman

Cursor has changed to selection tool in submission box

Post by remoteriverman »

Hi -

Been on the site a couple of months, written 60 or so articles, sold 40-something, it's all good. Except about a week ago I noticed for the first time that in the submission box, my cursor had mysteriously changed into a white cross with 4 arrows (selection tool), instead of a standard cursor. I've also noticed that in conjunction with this, I can't change paragraphs to 'justified' anymore, or change the text in the short summary box at all, once it's been written. When I edit in the submission box I have to click on the cross selection tool about 5 times to get it to turn into a normal cursor so I can edit normally. I now get all sorts of unwelcome paragraph boxes and little white squares surrounding (and inside) the submission box.

Not sure why this is happening. It didn't during my first 50 articles, but has in the last 12. I sent a note to admin a week ago, but no answer. Any suggestions welcome! It doesn't prevent me from submitting articles, but the process is a lot more painful now, with an arrow/cross selection tool rather than a straight cursor in my submission box. I still have a normal cursor in the long summary box, so it's not a Windows thing, it's a CC thing, I suspect.

Cheers, Remote River Man
tayalltheway

Re: Cursor has changed to selection tool in submission box

Post by tayalltheway »

The submission box has always been a little weird, and I've never been able to see a cursor. Have you tried a different browser? I work on Safari on my Mac and Chrome on my PC and haven't had any issues.
literarylady

Re: Cursor has changed to selection tool in submission box

Post by literarylady »

I fought with the content manager all weekend too. I'm getting similar problems to you. I've already sent them two email about it, no word yet. I'm having trouble with the long summary not appearing the same way as the content manager, plus nothing lines up the same way as when its pasted in. My bullets vanish in the long summary even though they show in the content manager. I'm getting the same boxing markers between paragraphs. Sure hope they fix it soon. I like the old system, which never had these problems.