Are bulk orders kinda done with?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SMichael

Are bulk orders kinda done with?

Post by SMichael »

It's just been ages since the last one, and ages before the one before that.

People have mentioned large orders moving through the writer's pools, is that what's happening? That would be a real bummer. Especially since the pools are de facto closed for new entrants now.

Maybe my perspective is just skewed because I only became really active here last spring, when there was a bulk order every month it seemed. Was that an atypical occurrence?
tayalltheway

Re: Are bulk orders kinda done with?

Post by tayalltheway »

I still regularly have articles in the Insurance, Credit Cards, Energy, Mobile Phones, etc. categories sell in bulk to the same buyer who has been purchasing them all year. If you check what's currently in Standing Requests and submit articles to those, they are very likely to be snatched up the next time he makes one of his orders.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I primarily sell from my library. I've done my first private request and I've done pool request. I think each area is what you make of it.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Hi SMichael,

I agree with the others that it's good to do energy/insurance/finance/broadband articles if they are in the standing request section, because there is a good chance that they will sell when the buyer comes along most months. It's also true that heaps of work for him does go through the writer pools as well.

Abba May
Yogagirl

Post by Yogagirl »

I write and on off for Constant Content. I'm curious but with standing requests, how many articles do people normally sell? I responded quickly to the Energy standing request (this is the second time I responded and wrote an article). It quickly sold but when I submitted another energy article, it was accepted but now it's just sitting in my queue. Do the orders get filled quickly and then they don't need the articles anymore? I'm just curious because it doesn't seem really worth my time to submit articles for a standing request when I only end up making one sale. I'm just curious what others have experienced with standing requests.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yogagirl wrote:I write and on off for Constant Content. I'm curious but with standing requests, how many articles do people normally sell? I responded quickly to the Energy standing request (this is the second time I responded and wrote an article). It quickly sold but when I submitted another energy article, it was accepted but now it's just sitting in my queue. Do the orders get filled quickly and then they don't need the articles anymore? I'm just curious because it doesn't seem really worth my time to submit articles for a standing request when I only end up making one sale. I'm just curious what others have experienced with standing requests.
They were editing/approving those articles for several hours. Almost all day on Saturday, but I think it stopped at around 5pm.