Private Requests.

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

Private Requests.

Post by contentwriter »

Is there a way to specify your (un)availability for private requests?

Also how do you know if the client has requested the same article from multiple writers? I have received my first private request. Nowhere near like the stuff I write about. I'm not sure I want to write it. Is there a penalty if I don't?
evaku

Re: Private Requests.

Post by evaku »

I don't think there is a way to specify (I could be wrong), but I'm sure that if you don't want to take it, then no one is going to force you to. There isn't any penalty involved as far as I know. This past summer I received a message from someone who wanted me to write for them, but they weren't clear on what exactly they wanted and didn't provide very many details about the project. I was very confused and sent a few messages asking for clarification, but after not receiving more than a few lines back, the conversation sort of dwindled away. What I never realized was that they had actually sent me a private request through the system. I actually never new the request was there until a few days ago when for no reason I clicked the "private" tab in request content, and oops! The request was there and totally expired as of over 2 months ago!
contentwriter

Re: Private Requests.

Post by contentwriter »

Thanks, evaku. I wrote it anyway - got rejected and I'm not sure why.