Percentage of long summary in new submission form.

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

Percentage of long summary in new submission form.

Post by contentwriter »

Hello,

I just submitted an article after being away for a while. I noticed that the default setting for the long summary is 100%. I changed this to 33% but the changes I made wouldn't save. I had to manually calculate the right number of words and copy-paste it to the summary box. Any way to fix this? Am I the only one having this issue?

Writers, please check your work because when I first submitted my article, the preview showed 100% of it!
Isabelnewth

Re: Percentage of long summary in new submission form.

Post by Isabelnewth »

That's annoying if you didn't realise, but a lot of writers, me included, like to show 100%, the consensus being that it improves sales...I think its meant to be difficult for the content displayed to be stolen though I don't really understand why...
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Anything you saved previous from setting it to 33% has to be redone. They had it default to 33%, and I had to redo like 10 articles. So, if you don't catch it, you have to go redo your submissions.
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

Lysis wrote:Anything you saved previous from setting it to 33% has to be redone. They had it default to 33%, and I had to redo like 10 articles. So, if you don't catch it, you have to go redo your submissions.
That's the thing. I CAN'T save the changes. It keeps going back to 100%! And I haven't submitted in a while. The last articles I submitted before I took a break were all at a 33% cut-off. I will check again though, thanks!
Sakmeht

Post by Sakmeht »

Does re-submitting mean going through the review process again? I also would like to change a few of my accepted articles from 50% to 100%
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Well, submitting it as a new article does. I didn't have to go back through the editing process, but I can't remember if the ones I had in the queue were approved or waiting to be approved. You could test it with one and see what happens.
Sakmeht

Post by Sakmeht »

Thanks,

I just went into the long summary and added the extra text. It took it! I may do that for a few other articles.

Sarita