Lingering projects

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

evaku

Lingering projects

Post by evaku »

Hi guys! I just have a small, annoying issue that I wonder if anyone else has had to deal with or found a solution for

What happens is that, every time I submit an article to a project but it gets accepted and either sold or put into waiting status before I have a chance to click "complete", then the request title lingers in my drop down menu on the submission form when I go to select a Writer Pool Request, along with the brackets that say (Expires on ....). This started for a request that I had on October 1st.

It's not that big of an issue but it keeps happening and slowly making my list longer and longer. Just overnight I had some articles accepted and put into waiting, so now the request has disappeared from my projects but still shows up in the drop down menu. I fear for the day that my list becomes like, a hundred titles long or something :o

Is this happening to anyone else and has anyone found a solution for it? Should I just be hitting "complete" while my articles are in review, before they have even been approved?
Isabelnewth

Re: Lingering projects

Post by Isabelnewth »

yes! it's happening with my requests as well, since mid September! It's annoying like the old emails are: it's just nice to clear the decks. I find that when my articles are approved I'm not able to click 'complete' since they get cleared off, :cry: but I hadn't realised there's probably a connection between that and the ghosts of requests on the submission form....I hope someone tells us about a button we haven't noticed that fixes it...
JasmineStone

Post by JasmineStone »

I'm having exactly the same problem...its getting really confusing now because some of the keywords in the list are so similar! Let us know if you find a solution :)
evaku

Post by evaku »

Isabelnewth wrote:but I hadn't realised there's probably a connection between that and the ghosts of requests on the submission form
Yeah it took me a while to realize that that's what is going on, but it is definitely the requests that we never get a chance to "complete."

And yeah JasmineStone, it is getting quite confusing, especially because a lot of the requests I take have similar keywords to begin with so they end up looking the same.

Happy I posted about it after wondering for so long what was going on :D I assume it's probably happening to most people...
evaku

Post by evaku »

Annnnd my problem is fixed! Hopefully for you guys too. Thanks CC!