What is the Blog Entries category for?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

What is the Blog Entries category for?

Post by contentwriter »

A lot of the articles we write end up on somebody's blog, so I was wondering how are articles in the Blog Entries category different? I can access the Writer Pool now if I apply for the Articles section. But I wonder if I should also apply for that other category. What's it about and how is writing there different?
Word Gypsy

Re: What is the Blog Entries category for?

Post by Word Gypsy »

If you look online for definitions of blogs, you'll come up with descriptive adjectives such as: informal, personalized, ongoing, journal-like, and brief. If they are set up to do so, Web blogs generally take the reader along a journey from point A to point Z in a series of informally written, engaging entries. Here, on CC, I can't find a clear definition or written expectation in the guidelines, but you can look at this link to see what CC has to say about blog writing: https://www.constant-content.com/blog-writing-service/

I wrote a few blogs, back in my early years and posted them here. They are casually written and around 300 words, if I remember correctly.

I haven't seen many writer pools for blog writing, but I would apply for both categories if I were you.

Happy Writing,
WG
contentwriter

Re: What is the Blog Entries category for?

Post by contentwriter »

Thanks WG! I noticed that too. Just wasn't sure because the Blog Entries article directory seems very general and vague about what it's about. I will go ahead and apply for both. I have done blogging for myself over several years. Won't hurt to try.