Just starting out

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Gkowal

Just starting out

Post by Gkowal »

I joined constant-content a few months ago and quickly churned out a sub-par article which was rejected. I then took a break for a while and worked on improving my writing before attempting again, always mindful of the 3-strikes and your out rule. This past month I have written two articles, one for a request and another just to feel out the waters. The requested content article sold right away and the second article is still under review. What I was wondering was how did you first approach writing for this site?

Did you just churn out articles as quickly as you could, confident in your abilities? Or did you take a more cautious approach like I am; only submitting one article at a time and waiting to see if it is accepted or rejected/revisions required? I think for my first ten articles or thereabouts I will submit articles one at a time, and only write a new one once the first is accepted until I get a feel for what is considered 'good enough'. After I am comfortable with the process and sure that my writing is up to par I will begin submitting work on a more regular basis, perhaps as many as 12 articles a week. Maybe even more if I have the time and my articles seem to be selling well.

Which brings me to another point; pricing. How do you price your articles? I have read the posts on pricing from CC, but I was wondering how do you personally price an article? In particular, how to price an article in each of the three categories. RIght now I price my articles under the current formula: Usage price, Usage price*2.25 for unique, and add $10-15 for full rights. I do this on the possibly overly optimistic view that a well written article may sell 2-3 times at usage price. Is this a good pricing policy?

Lastly, does anyone on this site use a reputable editor service? Something that won't break the bank?

Thank for any and all replies;
G.Kowal