pricing

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

gators18

pricing

Post by gators18 »

I don't get the email that just went out - make sure it's at least 600 words, but price no more than $50. I get supply and demand and that there will be more bargain hunters than people willing to pay top dollar. But I'm also used to regularly getting $50 for a 600 word article AFTER the 1/3 commission is taken out, not before. Does this site just not get that level of client?
stelle

Re: pricing

Post by stelle »

gators18 wrote:I don't get the email that just went out - make sure it's at least 600 words, but price no more than $50. I get supply and demand and that there will be more bargain hunters than people willing to pay top dollar. But I'm also used to regularly getting $50 for a 600 word article AFTER the 1/3 commission is taken out, not before. Does this site just not get that level of client?
About 50 dollars (before commission) is pretty typical for a 600-word article on Constant Content. You'll actually see a lot of articles selling lower than that, but I think that many people undervalue their work. Anyway, a 50-dollar sale will give you 32.50 after the commission. Maybe not what you're used to making - but very good for a content site. Remember to organize your time accordingly. If you're going to spend hours and hours researching and writing an article, then you might be better off pitching it elsewhere. It's best to either write about what you know for CC, or else research a topic that you can write multiple articles about. Once you get the hang of writing for CC, you can make a decent hourly wage here!
Lysis

Re: pricing

Post by Lysis »

That's just for that one client. I usually charge $60 for 600 words. Depends on the topic and how much time it took, but that's my norm. Sometimes, I've charged $50 for 600 words. It depends.