Waiting for payment to drop ... imagine that!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jadedragon

Re: Waiting for payment to drop ... imagine that!

Post by jadedragon »

Every month they surprise me with a payment close to the first - amazing how fast they can close out a month and get the payments made. One month it was even on a Saturday. This month double check your sales against the payouts as I understand there may be a system glitch (currently the total due to me is too high). Hopefully CC will get this sorted out but double check.
rosefiend

Post by rosefiend »

I forgot about the Canada Day connection between this site and the holiday! Though I'm in Missouri, I always remember Canada Day ... it's our wedding anniversary. :mrgreen:

I'll sit tight. Now that I know what's going on, I feel better. These guys have always been prompt. I'm just waiting for the PayPal payment to drop so I can get a b'day present for my daughter online -- PayPal is MUCH better than using a credit card.

Melinda.
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

As I said, I appreciate what everyone is saying. And I know that as a freelancer, I cannot depend on being paid a set amount every two weeks. However, if I am told I will receive a payout on the 1st, I budget for receiving that money on the 1st. If the money isn't there, it creates a hole in my budget. I am operating with no room for error at the moment, so not receiving money that I am expecting puts me in a bind.

I would N-E-V-E-R write for Associated Content. I had a VERY bad experience with them. Same with Suite101. I avoid revenue sharing sites in general. I know some people make money from rev share, but I don't want to be bothered. As I stated earlier, I want to know how much I'm being paid and when. As far as I'm concerned, writing revenue share is writing for free.

That said, I need a place to park articles that are not accepted by other content sites that I write for, and so far this is the only option I've found. So I will continue to post my "rejects" here, but I won't hold any expectations of being paid. As I said, it's too bad, because I could use the boost in my budget, but I simply cannot afford to count on being paid "around" the 1st and the 15th.

Now I have to go and recalculate my budget WITHOUT the money from June sales on this site. Happy Fourth of July everybody. I hope your holiday is better than mine promises to be.
nicolane

Post by nicolane »

You might like to consider doing your budgeting on the basis of being paid on the 5th and the 20th -that way if you are paid earlier it is a bonus, but if payment is delayed for holidays etc then you are not inconvenienced. It also means that you will find out four or five days in advance of payday exactly how much you will get - which can only help your budgeting.

I hope that this is helpful.

Nicola
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

I have to agree with Celeste. The site has always come through with payment whether my earnings have been small or large. I understand how a few days waiting for payment can be tricky especially when it takes an additional few days for your bank to get it from Paypal. But if you can hang in there during that small wait period, it's well worth it to continue your relationship with CC. Since I've been with them--I guess about five years now--they have been completely responsible and trustworthy. Hopefully payments will go out today :)
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

OK, my payment just posted to my PayPal account, so I am in better spirits. I'm sorry I came off as a naysayer. This has been a particularly rough period for me, financially. I confess that I was worried that I would receive excuse after excuse as to why my payment was delayed and reassured that I should wait "just a little bit longer." But yes, the Canadian holiday is just as legitimate a reason for a one-day delay as an American holiday. I'm just glad that there was this small business day window today for payments to go out. I am now reassured that Constant Content is indeed reputable. Thank you to everyone for the reassurances.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Constnat Content is a very professional and considerate website for writers. Support listens closely to our comments and requests and tries to accommodate us as much as possible. Just a few months ago we received payments only once a month. After some of us lobbied for twice montly payments, they worked quickly to make it happen. Since I (like you) live on a very slim margin of income versus expenses, the change made a lot of difference. I have never been paid more than one or two days after the 1st and 15th. Now if only PayPal and my bank made the transfer faster!

Thank you, CC!

Debbi
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

While we work in US$ Constant Content is based in Canada and July 1 is a National Holiday. What amazes me is you can get a sale as late as June 30 and be paid July 2. I've been paid today :)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Chris, I'm glad you got paid today and have your faith restored :)
AmyT

Post by AmyT »

This is sort of off-topic but I didn't want to start a whole new thread...

Did any of you see the $1455 article that was just sold?!? So wish that I wrote it! Sounds like a technical article... is that quite rare to have an article that expensive? Wow... happy (and envious) of whoever just got over $900... :P

Amy
Celeste Stewart

Amy, it was for a few assignments rolled into one single invoice for a client who likes to be billed monthly. One of the assignments was a big one indeed - $1000 worth of technical definitions. The balance was for individual articles. So, it wasn't easy money for a single article if that's what you're thinking.
AmyT

Post by AmyT »

Oh, I see. :) Thanks for your explanation -- I guess I can then safely assume that you're the lucky gal of the day? :P

Thanks, Celeste!

Amy
Celeste Stewart

I'm am lucky indeed, as all of here are, to have found CC.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Well Chris... It was a small window, but big enough. Hope you found your payment today.

David
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Has everyone been paid their mid-month payment? I was expecting it to appear in my Paypal account on Thursday or Friday but nothing so far.