What would you do?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LMasterson

What would you do?

Post by LMasterson »

I received a great private offer from a client requesting regular writing work via the private messaging system here on CC a couple weeks ago. I read the message the day it was received. I really wanted to accept the work, as it's within my field of expertise.

As I haven't been paid by CC since June 2020 for sales made to date (I'm in Australia, so an international writer), I'm reluctant to accept (via this platform anyway, until they start paying writers for the work they've done and they're taking 35% fees for) ... So I haven't responded to this poor client to date.

What would you do?
Words4Bread

Re: What would you do?

Post by Words4Bread »

Get the hell out of this sh*tshow.
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

I would contact support and see what's happening to your payments.
PoetPrincess85

Post by PoetPrincess85 »

You may need to input your payment info again. Mine had been through PayPal, but now Just don't even see that as an option. I actually sold an article early October and haven't been paid yet. I signed in had to link my actual bank debit card now. They've always been legit and safe before, so I did. If I don't get paid by Jan 3rd, I'm gonna see what's up then. But that might also be all you need to do. If you've done that already recently, I've got no clue either then.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

CC no longer uses PayPal for payments. They use Stripe. You have to set up an account with them and they deposit directly into your bank account. I have had no issues with Stripe and get paid twice a month.
KinsleyRoyale

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

Are they no longer using Wise?