Should I Quit?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JoyRCalderwood

Should I Quit?

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

I am frustrated. Put in about 8 articles, tried to do 4 a week. 3 rejected due to editor's input (nothing grammatical). Those that have stayed have not sold. Maybe I've lost my content writing ability. Hard to make it as a writer.
MrSteve51

Re: Should I Quit?

Post by MrSteve51 »

I understand your frustration. I tell people I'm a writer but I've made more money in the last few months by doing data inputting for a friend a couple of hours a week than I have from writing. On the other hand, this week I sold an article that I wrote over two years ago and which I assumed was a lost cause, which has definitely helped my motivation.

Whether you quit is up to you, but my feeling is that it's not only about making money (only a tiny proportion of writers are financially successful) but also how you think of yourself. I like believing I'm a writer, and if that means I've got to sit and hit the keys on this hateful laptop until some kind of narrative grudgingly emerges, then so be it.
JoyRCalderwood

Re: Should I Quit?

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

Thanks. I suspect the new editor issue and lack of customers is more of a problem than my writing.