how do they buy the pics

Have question or recommendation regarding our photography area? Post it here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mukesh

how do they buy the pics

Post by mukesh »

Hi,

I have read a few erudite pieces here about how to price your pics. However, I am surprised that nobody has mentioned recently the mess that is the photography section. I may be from India, but it seems like I am the only one who has not really learnt from the three wise monkeys, popularly known as Gandhi's three monkeys. I have been regularly submitting pics here and on latest count I have 89 pics here. Sadly though, my later pics do not appear for public viewing. You can access them if you go through my profile. But then why should somebody take effort? I have not tried searching subject-wise and they may be showing there, but if you visit constant content and want to see what is new in the photography, you wont see my pics.

I do agree that at the initial stage lot of bad pictures were accepted. I also agree that often pictures are either priced unrealistically high or pathetically low. It is the later which affects people like me. I know it may take me hours to get a good picture. To expect me to sell it for $1 is sadist. But then many people not being quality conscious will opt for the cheaper one.

Let us discuss things, but let us also try to talk to constant content into waking it up. They seem to have somehow clammed up. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have spent hours even in uploading these pictures, so I have a stake here.

Regards,
Mukesh
Debbi

Re: how do they buy the pics

Post by Debbi »

Hey mukesh,

Didn't you just sell a photo of the sun and tiny aeroplanes? If that was you, then congrats, since a photo hasn't sold here for a long time!
mukesh

Post by mukesh »

Thanks Debbi. And you are right, the photography section is moving ve........ry slowly.

You may like to see my crow chasing a plane :

http://www.constant-content.com/authorP ... ails-0.htm

You would like this one more.

By the way, I tried to look for your work here. There two debbis here, which one are you :)

Mukesh
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Yes, I do like the crow pic!

My pen name is DM Gutierrez. I don't have any photos, just articles.
mukesh

Post by mukesh »

I am not that partial to pictures Debbi. I just wanted to see your work which includes anything you may have done. And not for any particular reason.

Mukesh
mukesh

Post by mukesh »

Hi Debbi,

Read your articles. They are really good. As I am really fond of dogs, your articles about dogs are particularly tempting.

Regards,
Mukesh