2 of my unsold articles have been STOLEN - what should I do?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Cedar

2 of my unsold articles have been STOLEN - what should I do?

Post by Cedar »

Two articles that I submitted to CC in 2016 have not yet been sold, but I did a web search and discovered that they've been illegally published on the following websites: writemypaper.net/blog and weatherson.net

I have now changed my article preview setting to 50%, but the previews are still showing 100% of the text when I look them up in the CC catalog. How can I protect my other articles?

Is CC going to contact the people who stole my articles and resolve the situation? Or am I just out of luck? (If so, then I don't feel safe offering my work for sale through Constant Content anymore.) I have noticed that the CC staff are very friendly and helpful on these forums, so I hope they will reply soon. Thank you.
HiredGun

Re: 2 of my unsold articles have been STOLEN - what should I

Post by HiredGun »

Email Support (nicole@constant-content.com) and ask her to file a DMCA on the stolen articles. Setting your article preview to 50%/33% won't retroactively change preview portions on articles you already have listed on CC. You will have to manually adjust your existing articles' long preview section. (copy/paste 50% of each article into long summary section and then click save).
Cedar

Post by Cedar »

Thank you very much
Cedar

Post by Cedar »

I have not received any response to the email I sent last Thursday. Does CC normally take action when material has been stolen off their website? If not, is there any legal action I can take?
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Cedar wrote:I have not received any response to the email I sent last Thursday. Does CC normally take action when material has been stolen off their website? If not, is there any legal action I can take?
You might want to read this thread https://www.constant-content.com/forum/ ... =2&t=77727 and then email CC again.