info rides again

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

squonk

info rides again

Post by squonk »

I've noticed that the buyer named "info" has, about once a month or so for the last several months, gone through my catalog and made price offers on several of my articles at a time. The offers themselves are usually reasonable, but that's not the problem. The problem is info never buys any of the articles after I've accepted his offers. Not once in the last six months. This mysterious info (who I'm pretty sure I have sold articles to sometime in the distant past) recently made a bunch of offers on some of my articles again, some of which he has already made previous offers on that I've accepted.

What I wonder is whether anyone around here has actually managed to sell an article to info in the past year or so, and whether he's doing this "make a ton of offers and not act on them" thing with other writers. To the editors and managers, please don't misunderstand: I don't dispute info's right to not buy my articles or to change his mind after making an offer (though really, under US contract law, once an offer is made and accepted, an enforceable contract is formed, but never mind.) It's just getting annoying finding a bunch of price offers in my inbox, getting excited, and then being deflated when I realize the offers were made by info.
jak

Re: info rides again

Post by jak »

Hi Squonk. You are not alone. The same thing has happened to me and to others who have posted about this. I have also sold quite a few articles to the customer in the past but the last one taken was in September last year.