Operation 'Write for a New Car' is on!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LauraGinn

Operation 'Write for a New Car' is on!

Post by LauraGinn »

Hey Guys,

I love checking out these forums. Though they're not as active as active as some others that I am a member of, I do love the community here. I'm posting this to ask you to all send me some good vibes :) I recently passed my driving test and am in the stages of getting a new car. It's quite out of my price range at the moment so I have decided that all of my sales from Constant Content will be put towards the finance of my car. I plan on writing 2 or more articles per day, and hoping that I can increase my sales over the next few months. I need to be averaging at least $150 in monthly sales which I think is achievable (I hover around the $100 mark most months). I think that if I write content for the best selling categories, I have a chance of making it. I write for clients away from the site so that pays the rent and bills.

What do you guys do with the profits you make from CC? Would be interesting to know if you have goals to put the money towards.

Laura
PaulMaplesden

Re: Operation 'Write for a New Car' is on!

Post by PaulMaplesden »

Hi Laura,

Best of luck to you! I've been pulling together some data on what's selling on CC at present, and you might find the output useful in terms of best selling categories etc. You can find an in-depth analysis here:

https://www.constant-content.com/forum/ ... =2&t=76741
and here:
https://www.constant-content.com/forum/ ... =2&t=76741

In terms of what's selling right now, the best performing categories over the last few weeks have been:

> Technology > Web Development
> Business > Entrepreneurship
> Relationships > Self Improvement
> Business > Real Estate
> Business > Online Business
> Business > Marketing
> Health & Lifestyles > Lifestyles
> Merchandise > Automobiles
> Merchandise > Fashion
> Relationships > Parenting
> Technology > Mobile Phones
> Health & Lifestyles > Fitness
> Home > Home Improvement
> Business > Careers
> Health & Lifestyles > Beauty

This is in terms of number of sales, average price paid per article and competition (i.e. how much inventory there is already).

I hope you find this useful and good luck with funding the car!

Paul.
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Hi Paul,

That's really useful, thanks! I've been writing beauty articles today as I find them easy to write, and enjoyable to research, but I'll definitely tackle some of the other subjects later in the month.

Laura
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi Laura,

Congrats on passing your driver's test! I hope you reach your goals. Mine have changed from year to year. I started with a goal that I still haven't purchased! I find that I am more productive when I do have a tangible goal in mind.

WG
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Hey WG,

Thanks :) I sold three of my 'waiting' articles over night so am writing three more today to replace them. I'm very similar to you: having a goal in mind is definitely helping me with motivation, as it is something that I struggle with.

Laura
jak

Post by jak »

Mine isn't much these days because I mostly do commissioned work. What I do get stays in my Paypal account to use for online purchases. I also use it for Kiva loans so other people can benefit as well as me.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Goals are good. I have an appointment to test drive a car this saturday. It's hard to decide because I like having no car payment but I like shiny things. I figure it's a way to pat myself on the back since no one else will. I work for money, so buying things I like makes sense.

Cars are my #1 "toy" that I pay up the butt for, because I figure you have to buy something to make up for the hard work!

Good luck! Cars are fun toys to buy! It's funny though, because I'm looking at a way too expensive car as a present to myself but when I work from home, I drive like 10 miles a week. LOL
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Lol I totally hear you there Lysis. I am buying my first ever car but have decided to buy new as it just seems to work out better long term. Diesels are expensive though and I need to find £130 a month for the finance- that's where CC comes in (hopefully!).

What car are you looking at buying?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Oh wow first car too. Good luck to you. That's awesome. New cars are awesome, so I say go for it. New car smell is like the best present ever you can give to yourself. You don't work for smiles and cheers, you work for money, so give yourself a present!

I'm looking at the Chevy Corvette. Like I said, I like shiny things and cars. I've been wanting one since Nov 2013 and dealers never have what I want, so finally one called me today and said they have one on the showroom floor ready for me. We'll see what happens. Unfortunately, I really want this car so if she gets me into its driving seat, I'm just gonna tell her to give it to me and pay way too much. Although, they aren't really doing deals on those cars anyway. Blah.
ReneeF

Post by ReneeF »

Go you, that is originally why I started here. But the pay wasnt steady enough at first and so I took on a weekly paying client.

once it gets going, it gets going. just keep steady the course and stick to those goals!
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Thanks guys. Apparently there is only one car left in the UK with my specs so I'm still waiting to hear from the dealer as to whether I can have it or not. I hope I get it, as I don't fancy having to wait for a factory build. I never buy myself anything with my writing money so I'm so excited for it. You'll have to let us know how you get on with your Chevy Lysis!

Away from CC I run a copywriting company so that pays for the bills, rent and all the other boring and expensive stuff that comes with living in the UK. They will invent a tax for tax before long! CC is hopefully going to be my outlet for fun things ;) I have almost 20 articles in review now - hope some get checked soon!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Don't let them pressure you into something you don't want. They will tell you that you'll never get one blah blah blah. I've been waiting 9 months now and refuse to pay for something I don't want, and they still call me every time they get something close. They always tell me that I'll never find the car I want blah blah but apparently here is one on the showroom floor.

I hate car salesman. lol

Remember to pay for what you want!
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

I won't :) I originally went through all the finance checks for a Corsa, went to buy my insurance and found out it was petrol not diesel - can't believe I made a mistake like that. I live in a really hilly town so there's no way I'm driving a petrol. Ended up phoning them in a panic on Friday and explained my mistake - at the time they said there was only one diesel in the country with my specs but I don't believe them. I've spoke to other garages and found the car, they're just not as convenient for me as the one I've been dealing with. Hopefully I'll get a call back this afternoon with some news - at least I'll know that I need to look elsewhere if needs be.

Hope your Chevy is what you want. It's so frustrating to have to wait.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yeah, they always tell you "omg this is the hottest car every holy crap you are so lucky to drive this car!" Yeah, whatever. lol
LauraGinn

Post by LauraGinn »

Got a call back yesterday and the dealer was still trying to push the petrol on me. I told them in no uncertain terms to stuff it, and have enquired with another garage now. And so the search goes on...