What other sites do you sell your articles on?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

BradB

What other sites do you sell your articles on?

Post by BradB »

Just wondering what else is out there other than CC. I just want to broaden my possible sales.

Thanks
evaku

Re: What other sites do you sell your articles on?

Post by evaku »

None of me, and I am SO glad I stuck it out and focused on this. It pays off. Honestly, I think it is a kind of "common wisdom" to branch out and write for many different content sites to increase your earning potential, but in my experience and observation this is not the case. In my few attempts at using other sites I have been completely turned off by how they work and how little you are able to sell anything for. I have also heard nothing but horror stories from those who gave it more of a shot than I did.

Still I guess it really depends on you. I'm sure there are people out there who make other sites work but I see my time as best spent on here!
akaJohnPhoenix

Post by akaJohnPhoenix »

I don't want to drop a name of a competitor on this site, but I only write for one other. Wrote several thousand words (5 articles total) to make about 40$ on that site. I sold 2 articles here on my first few days and have made over 40$. I might drop average quality work on that other site once in a while, but I save my best for CC.
MordantC

Post by MordantC »

I make my most lucrative sales offline these days. I used to work through MediaPiston, which was terrific -- while it lasted; unfortunately the site folded. I do a little work through Text Broker and Hire Writers. I'm currently evaluating a couple of other studios.

I recently signed up with a site called Bubblews, which is a bit like HubPages and similar sites; however, they pay better and you don't have to worry about setting up your own ads if you want revenue. It's a sort of social network too, which is rather fun. However, at $25 the minimum cashout is quite high; there have also been mutterings about some writers not getting their payments. This seems to have been resolved, but I won't know for sure until I reach cashout.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

There are rumors that Bubblews isn't paying writers on time and some are late by months on payments. And, they put this completely unprofessional threat on their site in all caps threatening writers who "slandered" them for not paying.

I don't do this full time anymore, so I'm able to be more picky. I write here and 2 other places. One place has very professional rates, but it's not considered a mill since I'm one of 3 writers who writes content for this one large IT firm.

I'm avoiding mills altogether. I'm on elance and will bid on tech stuff, but I do hate that place. There are the occasional gems, but overall the whole process is time consuming and you're bidding again sometimes 100 other people.
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

Has anyone tried Wizzley? I have published a few articles there, but I haven't received any money yet!