Article rejected because summary was 29 words instead of 30

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Article rejected because summary was 29 words instead of 30

Post by Judith »

This is a first for me. In over 2,400 articles, I have never had one rejected because the summary was a single word too short. My short summary was 29 words. Here is my rejection message:

Hello. The short summary must be a minimum of 30 words and accurately describe what the article is about. View https://www.constant-content.com/files/ ... _guide.pdf *Look under Writer Guidelines

And my short summary clearly described what my article is about. This is my third rejection in the past week, which is more than I've had in a year. I think they have all been by the same editor, and each has been for odd reasons. One was for a two-word heading that the editor felt should have "The" in front of it. The other rejection was because the editor seemed to have a different opinion about something in the article. I deleted both of those articles and will probably delete this one too. Is anyone else experiencing odd rejections?
JoyRCalderwood

Re: Article rejected because summary was 29 words instead of

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

I have had a few rejections lately that the editor told me not to resubmit (tossed). I was floored and hurt. Usually, they point out things to correct. I guess they don't want to re-read stuff.

But what does it cost them to put it up for sale (even if THEY don't like it) and let a customer decide?

I am wondering if it's time to part ways with CC?

If the rules have changed, would be nice to get an email about which rules have changed to what.

Also, in the past, I've used real-life characters like citing a former football player's name to give an example and it was accepted and purchased. Recently, I added a fictitious person and it was tossed.