Editors reject my article though client asked for links

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

PeterContent

Editors reject my article though client asked for links

Post by PeterContent »

I'm incredibly frustrated right now because the editors have rejected my article 3 times even though the client especifically called for references in his instructions and CC FAQ (constant-content.com/content-writing-service/knowledge-base/writer-faqs/) says that I can include links if the client specifically asked for them.

If I remove the links I'll probably get it approved right away but loose favor with the client, who probably won't buy my next articles. What should I do? I'm between a rock and a hard place here.

Submission Journal:

2019-01-03 REJECTED - Peter, Please remove links. Also, you make some claims about epilepsy that might not be factually accurate. You might want to review your sources. Thank you.
2019-01-04 RESUBMITED - Hello, I revised the article and double-checked any claims about epilepsy. I also added an extra source I used, so everything in it is factual. About the links, I have to include them because the client specifically asked for it.

The FAQ (constant-content.com/content-writing-service/knowledge-base/writer-faqs/) says that I can include links if the client specifically asked for them, so I made sure to remove the prefix (like the Writers' Onboarding Guide https://www.constant-content.com/area/W ... GUIDELINES) says.

Please, if you find anything else objectionable in this article, make sure to highlight it with green notes; because I'm still not sure which were the factually inaccurate claims you were referring to. Best

2019-01-06 REJECTED - Peter, Thanks for your questions. Unfortunately, I can't fact-check the entire article, but I do understand that you'd like a few examples and that's a fair request. I made a few comments in the margins of the article. Hopefully that will give you an idea of what I think could help you establish even more credibility with the potential purchaser of the content. Thanks for your work on this article. I hope I've helped. Please feel free to send additional questions, if necessary. Thank you!

2019-01-07 RESUBMITED - Hello I included two extra sources which give a more complete picture about Epidiolex and the FDA's approval, as well as back up the statements about epilepsy you highlighted. Best,

2019-01-07 REJECTED - We do not accept content with website addresses/links. http://www.constant-content.com/blog/?p=35
sstewart

Re: Editors reject my article though client asked for links

Post by sstewart »

Hi, PeterContent -- sorry you are having troubles. Please contact us via the Support line: support@constant-content.com with the article title in question and we will look into it. Please also refer back to this forum post in your email.

Thanks,

Constant Content
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Hi PeterContent,

The same thing just happened to me. I explained to the editor that the buyer asked for references and asked if I should write something other than the links (I followed guidelines and didn't include the www. part).

Did you find a solution to your issue? Do you think I should just resubmit?

Thanks.

Abbamay.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

I resubmitted my article and asked a question about the links on the resubmission form, as I haven't had any reply from the editors and am not sure what to do. Does anyone know if you can still submit links if the buyer wants them? Thanks.
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

When the customer asks for references, I include them at the bottom without the DOI or source URL.

For example:

Derwing, T. M., Rossiter, M. J., & Munro, M. J. (2002). Teaching native speakers to listen to foreign-accented speech. Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development, 23(4), 245-259.

With the authors, year, and title of the paper, it's easy enough to find in an academic database. If the customer wants you to link out, perhaps send a message to the customer where you can post the link, paragraph number, and relevant anchor text?

For example:

"healthcare insurance plans", paragraph 5, sentence 4, http://example.com/"

It would be less hassle and the customer would get the content faster. Otherwise, this will likely be a consistent problem. Editors aren't supposed to let anything with links through so with thousands of articles coming in daily they would likely just automatically reject it the first time it was submitted.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Thank you very much for answering so quickly and helpfully Angie! That's good advice.

Abba May