An editorial rule about writing without the word You

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Clifford

An editorial rule about writing without the word You

Post by Clifford »

I had two articles rejected for use of the word You in the title and the body. The rejections came with these reasons:

1. In title (Are You a New Immigrant? You Need to Avoid Rejections On Your First Credit Card Applications), rephrase to remove you and your. You could say, "New Immigrants and Credit Card Applications: How to Avoid Rejection"

2. You, you're, your is something you will need to address in the rest of article. Rephrase sentences so that the article doesn't sound like a conversation.

This seems strange. I just had two other articles accepted, and they had the word You everywhere. All articles use You and Your. It's impossible to write well without them. I don't know what to do.
constant-content
Site Admin

Re: An editorial rule about writing without the word You

Post by constant-content »

Hi Clifford! That can be confusing. Can you send us an email with links of the rejected articles to support@constant-content.com, please? -nicole
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Clifford wrote:I had two articles rejected for use of the word You in the title and the body. The rejections came with these reasons:

1. In title (Are You a New Immigrant? You Need to Avoid Rejections On Your First Credit Card Applications), rephrase to remove you and your. You could say, "New Immigrants and Credit Card Applications: How to Avoid Rejection"

2. You, you're, your is something you will need to address in the rest of article. Rephrase sentences so that the article doesn't sound like a conversation.

This seems strange. I just had two other articles accepted, and they had the word You everywhere. All articles use You and Your. It's impossible to write well without them. I don't know what to do.
Sounds like you may have encountered a new editor. Just checked my titles for 'you' or 'your' and I have hundreds available for sale/sold. Hopefully you'll post an update regarding what CC has to say about this issue.
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

Wow.