Blog based on application sample rejected

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Qlwentt

Blog based on application sample rejected

Post by Qlwentt »

Why can't I submit a longer version of my sample article? Is it because CC owns it now? I didn't see this rule anywhere in the writer guidelines.

I figured I should submit this article as my first because if the editors approved my application, then they must have thought the article met their standards.

Do I own this article? Can I sell it elsewhere?
Qlwentt

Re: Blog based on application sample rejected

Post by Qlwentt »

Here is the rejection notice...
Unfortunately, we can no longer consider this article for approval. Please do not resubmit.

==== Editorial Information for Your Article: ====

Please do not submit your writer application sample.

==== End Editorial Information for Your Article ====
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Don't they give you a list of topics to choose from? If so I'm guessing they don't want a ton of articles on the same topic.
Qlwentt

Post by Qlwentt »

Yes, they give you a random topic from a list. I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't want many articles on the same topic. I wish I would have known that before I wasted a rejection on something so silly. I heard it's a "three strikes, you're out" system for your first submission.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

That's not an automatic rule...it depends on the reasons for rejection. I doubt if you've put yourself in jeopardy there! They should really spell it out that they don't want submissions on those topics, to be fair.