ORIGINAL Content Rejected. Why?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

WorkingHard

ORIGINAL Content Rejected. Why?

Post by WorkingHard »

I am a bit frustrated - new here and trying to get my 5 approved articles done asap. I took a fair amount of time to do a biz article on a bit arcane subject - market of virtual assistants in the U.S.

It got rejected - said 'only accept completely original content'. What the heck? I did use a quote from an article, I made references to a few articles (had to... I'm using statistical information!) - and put in a 'Sources' section on bottom with the references, website names and then the link to actual page.

I numbered the sources, it's clear they are 'Sources' - but did put links - is that why it is rejected?

It is ORIGINAL content. I need to understand so as to not repeat any error.

One other frustrating thing... a couple of articles submitted earlier (a few days ago and yesterday) are still not reviewed. This one got reviewed in a few hours after I submitted it. Seems strange - that they should be reviewing articles as they are submitted, not letting some sit for days while newer submissions get reviewed.

Just trying to learn the ropes - new, but a bit frustrated with this issue - the information is NOT published anywhere.
Lysis

Re: ORIGINAL Content Rejected. Why?

Post by Lysis »

If you just quote a bunch of statistics, you'll get rejected. Some writers think that rewording other people's content is "original" but it's not.

If I was a new writer, I would just write on topics I know to avoid this issue. I rarely quote any sources anyway.

The turnaround time varies, but I'm seeing about a week.. maybe 5 days? for review times right now. Can't remember exactly. I would expect 3-5 days right now.