Reinstatement After Suspension

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

sstarr

Reinstatement After Suspension

Post by sstarr »

Hi everyone,

I signed up at CC about a year ago, sold one article soon after and didn't use CC again until the following happened, so I consider myself a newbie here. Out of the blue last week I received an invitation from CC to a project, so I applied and was accepted, and decided to become more active on CC. I submitted a couple of articles last week that were accepted and sold to a different customer. Over the weekend I submitted three more for the general pool that were written by referring to some notes I had taken at a nutrition class. The first one was rejected for plagiarism, all were deleted, and my account was suspended. I am baffled by how this happened. Unless someone else from the class wrote an article somewhere on the Internet using the same phrasing I did, there should be no reason why this happened. I replied yesterday to the email from Support, but have not heard back.

Just now I received three "new file uploaded" notifications for the project I'm on, but of course I can't read or access any of them.

My questions are:
1. Is there a more direct email address to write to so I can take this up with the editors?
2. If I have been bumped from CC, why am I still receiving updates? I really, really wanted to start working on this project and on CC in general, so this is beyond frustrating for me.
3. Is there any way to be reinstated after a suspension, or is it truly one strike and you're out?

Thanks for any help anyone can give - and especially if you're from CC and can clarify all this for me.
Isabelnewth

Re: Reinstatement After Suspension

Post by Isabelnewth »

Sorry to hear about that!

The best way to contact CC is to email an editor who's in charge of a project you're working on, so in your case, whoever invited you to the project. The general email here often goes unanswered, sadly.

I believe there have been cases of reinstatement mentioned here in the past, but I couldn't point you to them.

Good luck!
sstarr

Post by sstarr »

Thanks for the tip, Isabel. I did it a little while ago. I hope I get a response.
sstarr

Post by sstarr »

Good news! I was able to contact my project manager by phone and he was as nice as could be. Reinstated me right away. Now I'm having trouble seeing the requests for my project. Always something, but at least I'm back in. :D
sstarr

Post by sstarr »

So this story actually doesn't have a happy ending. After speaking to the account manager for my project and his saying I was reinstated, I submitted two articles, both of which I ran through Copyscape AND SmallSEOtools. They were fine. After five days with still nothing from the editors, I log in this morning to find my account has been suspended AGAIN. No email, no explanation.

I am so done with CC. I've been a professional writer/editor for 25 years and I have NEVER run across such an unprofessional company. Anyone reading this, beware - and I wish you luck around here.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Very sorry to hear that. Communication is always a weak point here and it's a serious one. If I were you, I'd contact them again, but I can see why you don't feel like doing that. Good luck anyway!