Rejected for "wrong font size" and unnecessary line breaks

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Cedar

Rejected for "wrong font size" and unnecessary line breaks

Post by Cedar »

Hello,

I had an article sent back to me for revision because some of the paragraphs were rendered in the wrong font size and there were random unnecessary line breaks throughout. This wasn't the case when I submitted the article. These errors were introduced by the glitchy software on the New Article Submission page.

I'm trying to fix these problems so I can resubmit my article, but every time I format the article correctly and click the Save Changes button, the software introduces new errors. Is there anything I can do about it? I've wasted 20 minutes trying to submit this error-free article, and the CC website won't allow me to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit to add: I have tried saving my article in NotePad as a .txt file to remove all the formatting. Then I copied the article from the .txt file and pasted it into CC's text box and clicked Save. The saved file was corrupted as usual (weird font sizes and line breaks). I also tried using four different browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Komodo and Opera. The same glitch happens with all of them, even though the text I'm entering is formatting-free. Help??
HiredGun

Re: Rejected for "wrong font size" and unnecessary line brea

Post by HiredGun »

Don't know if it will help or not, but maybe try accessing https://new.constant-content.com/ via Internet Explorer (note the 'new' in URL). Then try pasting your txt file into the CC submission box and adjust your font size/paragraph breaks. It sounds like you have tried all the right things (browser/txt file); not sure why your file is being corrupted. Maybe try emailing support also? Good luck.
Cedar

Post by Cedar »

Thank you for that suggestion. :) I tried it, but the same problem is still happening. Does everybody have this problem or is it just me?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

What are you copying from? If you're copying over garbage characters, restructuring content might still be a problem.

I also noticed that when I copy over from Word that for some reason (I don't think this used to happen?) the content from my clipboard doesn't paste. That's probably my PC though. I have to delete everything first and then paste.

What is your OS? If you have Windows, copy it to Notepad and then try to copy it from there. Delete the article entirely before you copy over changes.
Cedar

Post by Cedar »

Thank you. Yes, that's what I'm doing. I save the article in Notepad, then cut and paste it into CC. I even click the View Source button in the CC submission box to make sure there aren't any garbage characters. So far, so good. Then I click Save Changes, and when I look at the saved text I see that CC has entered a bunch of garbage HTML that changes my font sizes and adds line breaks. I delete the garbage HTML , hit Save Changes again, and the same thing happens. Or I delete the article entirely, copy again from Notepad, and still it's the same.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Cedar wrote:Thank you. Yes, that's what I'm doing. I save the article in Notepad, then cut and paste it into CC. I even click the View Source button in the CC submission box to make sure there aren't any garbage characters. So far, so good. Then I click Save Changes, and when I look at the saved text I see that CC has entered a bunch of garbage HTML that changes my font sizes and adds line breaks. I delete the garbage HTML , hit Save Changes again, and the same thing happens. Or I delete the article entirely, copy again from Notepad, and still it's the same.
Do you have word wrap on in Notepad? Make sure that's off.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I have had that happen a few times, and this is how I solved it. Once the article was pasted into the CC submit box, I highlighted the entire article. Then I hit the remove formatting button. It is the twelfth little box from the left. It is a light blue A with a little orange circle at the bottom right. Once all the formatting is removed, you can make changes with no problems. I hope this helps.
Cedar

Post by Cedar »

Thanks, everyone! I disabled the word wrap feature in NotePad, and used the Remove Formatting button as well. It fixed everything EXCEPT that after I click the Save Changes button, my unordered list (bullet points) appear in the default font size instead of 12 point font. If I'm not the only person having this problem, then I hope CC will upgrade the text-submission software. Might save us all some headaches ;)