Problem with a rejection for a request

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

squonk

Problem with a rejection for a request

Post by squonk »

I wrote an article for a request. It was rejected - the editor said that "most of the client's requests required links" and that I had to provide links in the article. However, the request description didn't ask for links at all. The requester provided a link in the description line but didn't say to include that.

So what should I do? Include that link in the article somewhere? I thought we weren't allowed to put hyperlinks into our articles anyway, and the requester didn't even specifically ask for it. This is fairly urgent because the article is due today, but I don't want to resubmit and then get banned because the editor's notes didn't make any sense. This is really frustrating, and I'd like it if someone could explain what's going on.
Lysis

Re: Problem with a rejection for a request

Post by Lysis »

Maybe the editor made a mistake? Maybe you made a mistake? I would re-read the description, and if you're sure, submit it back to the editor and ask them (nicely!) to recheck the description. I'd probably say something like "I feel really blind, because I don't see the request for links. Could you let me know where I'm missing it? Sorry for the confusion."
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

If you've been added to a team, you might also want to check in the "My Projects" area for a set of instructions. There are requests due today that require you to use the link listed in the description. The instructions explain this nicely. I believe you are also supposed to add another link if these are the requests for M.C., but I'm not sure.
squonk

Post by squonk »

Thanks. I didn't realize there was a group project page, but I found the guidelines.

My only other question is about hyperlinks. I think they used to be prohibited. Has that policy changed?

Thanks for the help.
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

squonk wrote:Thanks. I didn't realize there was a group project page, but I found the guidelines.

My only other question is about hyperlinks. I think they used to be prohibited. Has that policy changed?

Thanks for the help.
As per this forum post from Constant, links are allowed but they cannot be live links. Remove the www:
https://www.constant-content.com/forum/ ... ks#p127194
evaku

Post by evaku »

I have never had any issue with using hyperlinks. I've never put them in a catalog article but I do it all the time for requests.

And as was already mentioned, if you are just copying and pasting source links then just remove the www so that it's not live.
ScriptMaster

Post by ScriptMaster »

If a client requests hyperlinks, then you should put them in. The reason they are not permitted in other circumstances is that they allow people to navigate away form the article page, which is something most buyers would not want.

The CC article submission text box even has an Insert Hyperlink tool.