Casting Call rejection question

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

bridger

Casting Call rejection question

Post by bridger »

I'm a little confused about Casting Calls, I guess. I just received one that had a very specific format in the call, which I followed, only to have it almost immediately rejected in editing. I didn't see any way to submit it specifically for that request (it didn't appear in the list of public requests) so I don't think the person who requested it ever even saw it.

The only way I can see to respond to a Casting Call is to "Submit Existing Article." But if you can't get the article in the system, I'm not sure how to do it. I'm not comfortable just pasting the whole thing into a direct message to the customer--it seems like it's subverting the system.

But if the editors don't pass these things through so they can be submitted, how can I get the requested writing sample through to the person asking for it?
Word Gypsy

Re: Casting Call rejection question

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi! I usually write a small note in the short summary stating that the client requested the format or whatever it is that is usually unacceptable. I include the short summary below my note. Once the article is approved, I then edit it to remove my note. Hopefully this helps in the future as it is probably too late for the request you mentioned. Good luck! WG
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

I thought that for 'casting calls' you just describe why you would be a good candidate to do the sort of writing they want, and include in your email, if possible, reference to published articles. I dont think you have to include or refer to articles which are in the CC catalogue, though you could if you have any handy. I didnt think that casting calls were requests for articles to be submitted to a request in the usual way...But I do get confused with the 'new' style of requests etc so I may be wrong.
bridger

Post by bridger »

Thank you both for the replies. Doesn't sound like it's worth the trouble if there is no real "approved" way to respond. Now: to figure out how to opt out of the damned useless Casting Call emails! :)
Constant

Post by Constant »

For casting calls, you're just supposed to message the client and tell them you want to work with them. You're not supposed to write an article, or submit an article to them. We're updating this system in the next little while to clarify the process and make it easier to use.